General Residence Life Job Responsibilities and Requirements
- Review, educate, and adhere to, residential policies, University policies, as well as federal, state and local law.
- Enforce all federal, state, local laws, and University policies as needed according to procedures in the WLU Student Handbook.
- General knowledge of all aspects of the WLU Student Handbook and Student Conduct process.
- Maintain a minimum GPA that maintains academic good standing, varies based on position.
- Maintain full time student status, 12 credit hours for undergraduate and 6 credit hours for graduate level, each semester. Exceptions to this policy must be reviewed and approved or denied by the Executive Director of Housing & Student Life.
- Assist in building operations as assigned/needed (i.e. check in, check out, inventory/maintenance reports, emergency response and training, etc.)
- Notes and reports maintenance concerns, and then follows up on those concerns.
- Complete weekly report detailing specific information to submit to direct supervisor.
- Complete specified number of hours in the Wellness Center and/or Krise Fitness Center as desk worker, weekly.
- Is responsible for and takes pride in the appearance of the residential area of management and takes appropriate steps to ensure it is properly cleaned and maintained.
- Maintains confidentiality regarding student records, student behavior and residence life information.
- Maintains regular communication with direct supervisor and central staff as needed/appropriate.
- Assists/Coordinates residential programming events as required.
- Remains on campus for closed weekends, including but not limited to: Homecoming, Open House, etc.
- Spends no more than 2 weekend per month and 1 night per week away from assigned residential facility.
- Attends weekly staff meetings for building
- Attends monthly all-staff meetings as required by central staff.
- Attends bi-weekly meeting with direct supervisor.
Hall Director Specific Responsibilities
- Maintain a minimum 2.5 GPA each semester and overall in order to maintain academic good standing with the University.
- Supervises a residential area of one or two combined buildings and their staff members, ranging from 4-10 student staff and 100-250 student residents.
- Supports and advises student residence life staff within their management area in adherence to their contractual duties. Supports their academic success and personal well-being as well as their work effort.
- Participates in campus wide central staff duty rotation for weekday and/or weekend duty responsibilities as needed/assigned.
- Manages emergency situations.
- Acts as Student Conduct Hearing Officer as needed for the Student Conduct Office, and completes necessary training.
- Completes written evaluations of resident assistants each semester.
- Does not hold outside employment without approval by the Executive Director of Housing & Student Life prior to accepting employment.
- Completes a minimum of 10 office hours weekly in the Housing Office, subject to change if needed due to circumstances.
- Remain on campus through closing at breaks and end of semesters.
- Assist in opening of residential facilities for fall and spring semesters.
- Assists in planning and facilitating training sessions for RA Training.
- Attends weekly central staff meeting.
- Meets with RA staff individually on a bi-weekly basis.