Student Health Services is located in Shaw Hall, Room 019. This is on the lower level in the back of the building across from Campus Police. The phone number is 304-336-8049.
The Student Health Service staff provides personal medical care to students (residents and commuters) on both an appointment and walk-in basis. By emphasizing health, not just the treatment of disease or injury, a high level of outpatient care is offered to meet the needs of young adults. Preventive health care information is presented to students through educational programming and activities, the distribution of educational literature, and one-to-one consultations. Most treatment, medications, supplies, tests, and services are provided free of charge to WLU students. There is a fee for immunizations and PPD testing.
The primary mission of the West Liberty University Student Health Service is to enable you to take full advantage of your academic experience by maintaining and improving your health. In order to provide the best care possible we require the completion of a Mandatory Health Form. This form will provide us with necessary medical information needed to assist us in treating you effectively and efficiently.
**On April 1, 2019 Student Health Services will be transitioning to an electronic Student Health Portal. If you have already submitted the hard copy Mandatory Health Form we will upload it electronically for you and no other forms need completed at this time. If you have not yet submitted the hard copy Mandatory Health Form, please refer to the electronic Student Health Portal log in instructions below on or after April 1, 2019. The hard copy Mandatory Health Form will no longer be used after transitioning to the electronic Student Health Portal.
Step 1 Log into the West Liberty University Student Health Portal (westliberty.studenthealthportal.com)
- Register for the Student Health Portal.
You will need your Topper ID (include the @) and your westliberty.edu email address to register.
- Once you register, check your email for a link to create a password.
- Once you create a password you will be prompted to log into the portal.
When you use this portal you are accessing your own confidential protected health information. To protect your privacy, do not share your portal login credentials.
- After logging in, please read the instructions on the portal and complete all pending forms.
Step 2 In the Student Health Center Portal (westliberty.studenthealthportal.com)
- Complete the following forms under the “My Forms” or “pending forms” section at the top of the page and submit when you are finished. These forms are completed online and do not need printed. *Please note that certain academic programs may have additional immunization requirements. Please check your specific academic program requirements.
Emergency Contact HIPAA Privacy for Student Health Services
Immunization History* Medical History
Tuberculosis Screening Questionnaire
- Print the Physical Exam form and any of the other forms that pertain to you. Once they are signed and complete, upload them via the Document Upload function in your Student Health Portal. *If you have not yet received your westliberty.edu email address and would like to print these forms before registering for the portal, you can access them on this Student Health Services website under the Forms tab above.
Physical Exam form FOR YOUR PHYSICIAN (required for all incoming full time students, all athletes, and any part time or graduate student wishing to use Student Health Services. The physical must be completed by your health care provider. This form can be found in the Important Links column on your portal welcome page and in the Forms tab above.)
Guardian Medical Consent (only for students under age 18. This form must be signed by a parent/guardian. This form can be found in the Important Links column on your portal welcome page and in the Forms tab above.)
Immunization Waiver FOR YOUR PHYSICIAN (only for students requesting to be exempt from immunization requirements. This form must be signed by your health care provider and will be accepted only for valid reasons. This form can be found in the Important Links column on your portal welcome page and in the Forms tab above.)
- Insurance Card (front and back) Upload a copy via the Document Upload function in your Student Health Portal.
Student Athletes: There are additional forms you need to complete for Athletics. Some forms may need completed by your physician. Please email Jerry Duncan, Head Athletic Trainer, at [email protected].