General Reminders and Information for Summer Housing
- Under COVID guidelines for Summer 2021, summer housing is available for students taking summer courses (this includes being registered for a summer internship) or who are employed on campus for the summer. Confirmation of enrollment or employment will be required.
- Housing will be billed by weekly rates only, charges will be applied directly to your student account. For students employed on campus or taking summer classes, the summer rates are reduced to half price at $52.50 per week. If you are not registered for summer classes, or working on campus, the rate is $105 per week. All summer housing will be in Beta Hall, with the exception of those already on a 12 month lease plan.
- If you are planning to move into summer housing for the first summer term, you will be able to move the weekend of May 14-16. For the first week of summer you will remain in your current housing location in order to have the summer housing area properly cleaned.
- Residents with 12 month leases for the spring semester will be able to remain in their spring housing assignment through July 31. Residents with 12 month leases for the fall semester will be able to move in to their fall housing assignment beginning on August 1st. Residents with 12 month leases for both spring and the following fall will be able to remain in their regular housing assignment for the full summer.
- Residents staying for the first summer term will be given extended stay through Commencement weekend.
- All residents in summer housing in August will move to their Fall housing placement by August 9th.
- Meal plans are not provided for summer housing. Sodexo dining facilities will have limited hours through the summer months.
If you have questions, please contact the Housing & Residence Life Office at [email protected] or (304)336-8345.