What is the Jeanne Clery Act?
- Named for Jeanne Clery, a 19 year old Lehigh University freshman who was raped and murdered in her campus residence hall in 1986.
- Requires institutions that receive federal funding to identify individuals and organizations to:
- Train Campus Security Authorities
- Complete Annual Security Report
- Report Crime Statistics to the Department of Education annually
- Maintain publicly available Daily Crime Log
- Maintain Fire Safety Information
- Provide Timely Warnings of incidents that pose an ongoing threat to safety of students/employees
- Issue emergency notifications to campus in situations that involve immediate threat to health or safety of campus community members.
What is a Campus Security Authority (CSA)?
- CSAs are determined based on job function not by title.
- CSAs include four categories:
- University Police
- Security staff responsible for monitoring University property
- People/Offices designated as those to whom crimes should be reported
- “Officials with significant responsibility for student and campus activities”
Am I a CSA?
- CSAs at West Liberty University include the following:
- Vice President of Student Services
- Deans of Academic Colleges
- Executive Director of Housing & Student Life/Judicial Coordinator
- Director of Student Activities/Title IX Coordinator
- Area Coordinators
- Hall Directors
- Graduate Assistant Housing Staff
- Resident Assistants
- Athletic Coaches (including graduate assistant and part-time coaches)
- Director of the College Union
- Faculty/Staff Advisors for Clubs and Organizations
- The following are not CSAs at West Liberty University:
- Administrative Staff
- Faculty/Staff that do not serve as advisors for clubs and organizations
- Doctor/Nurse in Student Health Services
How do I complete CSA Training?
- Review the information for CSA Training through our Online CSA Training.
- Complete the confirmation of training form found in the online training presentation.
- To schedule a training, or for additional information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.