West Liberty University is committed to providing safe, dependable vehicles for University-related travel. We offer both state-owned and leased vehicles, including sedans, minivans, 15-passenger vans, trucks, and buses (with drivers). The University has established guidelines for acquisition, use, maintenance, record-keeping, and disposition of all motor vehicles acquired or maintained by University funds. Management of the motor vehicle fleet is the responsibility of the Physical Plant Director/Fleet Coordinator.
Who can use these vehicles?
All vehicles owned and/or leased by West Liberty University shall be used by faculty, staff, students, and administration only, under the following conditions:
- State-related business travel
- Athletic events for team travel
- Class field trips
- Department travel
- Other travel, approved in advance, by the President or his/her designee
Persons found using University vehicles for their personal errands may be subject to disciplinary action by the University.
Register for the fleet commander reservation system at http://wvmotorpool.agilefleet.com.
Operation Requirements and Responsibilities:
- Watch the Defensive Driving video and complete the State Fleet Management Defensive Driver’s Training Test
- Sign and date form DOA-FM-023/Defensive Driving Training and DMV Driver’s License Record
- Read the Governor’s Policy
- Sign and date form DOA-FMD-11/State of West Virginia Employee Acknowledgement (this form will need to be renewed yearly)
- Sign and date form DOA-FM-031/Use of Fuel Card
- Submit a copy of your Driver’s License
- Complete the 15-Passenger Van Safety Lecture and take the 15-Passenger Van Safety Test (as needed)
Upon successful completion, all test results will be electronically sent to the Fleet Coordinator’s email. Driver’s license copies and all forms listed above must be returned to Jack Annett, Administrative Assistant to the Physical Plant/Fleet Coordinator, in person, or through email (email@example.com).
Once the above requirements are met, you will be eligible to reserve a fleet vehicle. To do so, you must complete a Travel Request and return it to the Travel Coordinator, located in the Business Office in Shaw Hall. You may return it in person or through email (firstname.lastname@example.org). You will then make a vehicle reservation through the fleet commander website. http://wvmotorpool.agilefleet.com
Pick Up and Drop Off Procedure:
- Your vehicle will be available for pick-up at the Myers Maintenance building between the hours of 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. If you are picking up a vehicle after 4:00 p.m. or on weekends, you must contact Campus Police for assistance.
- When picking up your vehicle, you must know your vehicle number. This information will be provided to you by the Travel Coordinator prior to pick-up.
- A sign out sheet is provided at the front desk in the maintenance department. You are responsible for filling out all information completely and legibly. The name of the person driving the vehicle is required!
- Before driving the vehicle out of the parking lot, please do a quick inspection of the tires, windshield, etc. If you notice a problem, let us know immediately.
- When returning the vehicle, the keys may be dropped off inside at the front desk or in the drop-box outside the door after hours.
- If you experience any problems with the vehicle, please fill out a report (located in the glove compartment) and leave it at the front desk or in the drop-box.