For more information, call or text (304) 507-3840
In the event that West Liberty University cancels classes, your tour for that day will be cancelled, and we will later notify you to reschedule. If West Liberty University is running on a 3 hour delay, all tours before 11am will be cancelled, and all tours at or after 11am will take place as scheduled.
Schedule a Tour
- Click on the link below to sign in to your admissions portal or create an account if this is your first time to visit the site.
- Once logged in, you may click on the events tab to view the calendar with all events and times available for tours.
- From the calendar, select the date and time of when you would like to visit and then you will receive a confirmation email.
- Zoo Science & Applied Conservation tours:
- For the best tour experience, we encourage you to schedule a campus tour only on Mondays, Wednesdays or Fridays at either 9am or 10am to best see the animals, facilities and talk with faculty
- After your campus visit, allot time to tour the Oglebay Good Zoo located just 4 miles from campus
- If you need overnight accommodations, Oglebay’s Wilson Lodge offers a discounted rate by asking for the Friends and Family package for West Liberty Zoo Science & Applied Conservation recruits.
To schedule a tour, log in to your admissions portal here.
To sign up for an event, click here for more information.
- Black & Gold Day – Wednesday, January 29, 2020
- Black & Gold Day – Monday, February 17, 2020
- Spring Open House – Saturday, April 4, 2020
- Black & Gold Day – Wednesday, April 22, 2020
- Transfer Day – Tuesday – April 28, 2020 (transfer students only)
The journey of a lifetime starts with your first visit to West Liberty, where you will be greeted by a warm and inviting tree-shaded campus full of excitement. Take a look around, ask questions, grab a bite to eat or schedule an appointment with the Admissions Office for a detailed tour. Nothing provides you with insight about a campus like a visit. Whether you have come to our campus to participate in one of our campus events, are considering making West Liberty part of your academic future, or are here to simply cheer on the Hilltoppers to another victory, you have landed in a special place. West Liberty University is steeped in tradition with a welcoming network of student, faculty, staff and alumni all working together to create an ideal living and learning environment.
West Liberty is located in the serene mountains of West Virginia’s northern panhandle, yet only an hour from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, with shopping, attractions and professional sports teams: Pirates Baseball, Steelers Football and Penguins Hockey. Oglebay Park is a local attraction just five miles from campus featuring championship golf, skiing, a zoo, a planetarium and more. Also a short drive away is The Highlands, a shopping, dining and entertainment complex in Wheeling, West Virginia.
To see first-hand all that we have to offer, let our students show you what it is like to be a Topper! Meet our Ambassadors