West Liberty University, and the Office of Housing & Residence Life, are committed to keeping our students and guests safe during the move in process in August 2020 during the current global pandemic. We have developed a move in plan with limitations and guidelines to keep students and their families safe as they move in their belongings and prepare for the start of the new academic year, but we need your help too! Please thoroughly review the guidelines below before you select a move in date. Additionally, an email with guidelines and instructions will be emailed to confirm your move in date and within one business day of receipt of your form.
Limitations We Will Manage
- We will have two different move in groups, A and B. You will receive an email that designate your group.
- Group A will consist of students from a reasonable distance (2.5 hours or less) who will be given the opportunity to move in all of their belongings between August 1st and August 8th during their designated time frame. These students will then return home until August 16th, when they will be able to return to stay on campus.
- Group B will consist of students who live farther than 2.5 hours away and will be given the opportunity to move in entirely between August 8th-August 15th.
- Students will be able to select specific move in date and time frame preferences on the form below. Select four different options in order to insure we are able to assign you.
- Students will be permitted two guests to assist with move in.
- Students living in the same apartment or room will not be able to sign up for the same day. Exceptions may be made for students from the same household moving in to the same on campus apartment or room.
- Limits will be in place to limit the number of students able to register for any specific building, as well as an overall limit for the campus for each move in date/time frame option.
- Students will move in through a contact free move in process. Rooms will be unlocked for those moving in on each day. Card access will be given on each move in day. First year students will be able to access through the main entrance with the assistance of an RA to unlock the door until they collect their Topper Card at their room.
How You Can Help On Campus
- Students and guests are not to share elevators with anyone outside their move in group.
- Students and guests must wear masks and gloves at all times except in their own rooms with the door closed.
- For the security of everyone, do not prop doors or allow anyone else access to the residential facility.
- If someone has been exposed to anyone that is ill, or is experiencing any symptoms themselves, do not come to campus.
- Bring a thermometer to continue to self-monitor for fever and symptoms.
Instructions to Select Your Move In Date and Time Frame
- You will select your move in date by building so that we can monitor the aforementioned limits by building.
- You have the option to list 4 preferences. Please select four different options to assist us in being able to assign you a date in your preferences. If we cannot confirm one one of the dates requested, you will be required to resubmit the form, and will be notified in email.
- We will assign dates on a “first come first served” basis. If your preference is not available, we will move to second preference, and so on.
- You will receive an email within one business day of the date you submit your form with the date you are scheduled.
- Students will be required to review and sign a Residential Student Housing Contract Addendum COVID-19 Related Guidelines Acknowledgement.
- If you need to change your date, email [email protected] or call (304)336-8358.
Please complete your move in request by selecting the building below.