Please check back soon for more information!
The Federal Work-Study program is funded by the Department of Education. This is a work program that enables undergraduate and graduate students to work part-time while enrolled in school. Work-Study funds are not applied to the institutional charges. Compensation is receive in the form of a paycheck every two weeks.
How to receive Work-Study?
Federal Work-Study is awarded based on the FAFSA completion date and an answer of yes to “interested in work-study” question on the FAFSA. It is awarded on a first come first serve basis. It is important to complete your FAFSA early. In order to be eligible, the student must have financial need as determined by the FAFSA.
If you are awarded work-study:
- -Log into your WINS to accept your work-study
- -Go to NEOGOV to locate a position
- -Find a position titled “WLU Student Position”
- -Click on the link for that specific position.
- -Click on the apply link in the upper right corner.
Accepting Work-Study does not guarantee a job. You must apply for a job at NEOGOV and be hired.
If hired into a position:
Do not start work until the following steps have been completed!
- 1. Schedule a meeting with the Student Employment Coordinator to complete all employment paperwork and time card training. You can stop in Shaw Hall 121 as well.
- 2. Complete the I-9 Form
- 3. Complete the Direct Deposit Form
- 4. Review workplace policies and standards.
- 5. Receive official start date by email from the Student Employment Coordinator
- 6. Contact your supervisor to set a schedule.
- -Show up on time.
- -Report off to your supervisor if scheduled work time must be missed.
- -Keep information confidential. You may be asked to sign a confidentiality agreement before starting work.
- -Dress Appropriately for the position. It is advised to not display other college logos during work hours.
- -Limit distractions – visitors and cell phone usage should be limited.
If you are not awarded work-study but would like to work:
- If you are not awarded work-study but are interested in being place on the wait-list for available funding please email [email protected]. If you are able to be awarded, you will receive an email explaining your next steps.
- Personal Service Employment is a work study program funded by the college. These positions are not Financial Aid and are not based on the results from the FAFSA. Please go to NEOGOV to apply for any option positions.