WLU Hiring Manager Information For Student Employment
Process – To Hire Student Employees
- Post jobs by logging into Handshake. Step by step instructions can be found in the Hiring Manager User Guide for Student Employment.
- If your student job is new and has never been posted, complete a “New Student Job Position” request by clicking here!
- You will receive an email confirmation from Handshake once your job is posted and as students apply.
- Interview and select students.
- Hiring Managers will mark selected students as “Hired” in Handshake. Because students can see the progress of their application process in real time, Hiring Managers can also mark student applications as “Reviewed, Pending, and Declined”.
- New hires will need to complete paperwork before starting work.
- The Student Employment Coordinator will notify both the student and the Hiring Manager by email when the student is eligible to begin working.
Hiring Managers User Guide For Student Employment
Hiring Manager Training Materials
2023-2024 IMPORTANT DATES
- March 2023 – Jobs are posted and students may begin applying to student employment opportunities.
- No Later Than April 14, 2023 – Hiring managers mark selected students as “Hired” in Handshake for Summer employment.
- May 8, 2023 – First possible day a student can begin working for the 2023 Summer.
- August 21, 2023 – First possible date a student can work for the 2023 Fall semester.
Student Employment Coordinator Contact Information
Student Employment Coordinator
Financial Aid Office
Shaw Hall 121