WLU Hiring Manager Information For Student Employment
Process – To Hire Student Employees
- Post jobs by logging into Handshake. Step by step instructions can be found in the Hiring Manager User Guide for Student Employment.
- If your student job is new and has never been posted, complete a “New Student Job Position” request by clicking here!
- You will receive an email confirmation from Handshake once your job is posted and as students apply.
- Interview and select students.
- Hiring Managers will mark selected students as “Hired” in Handshake. Because students can see the progress of their application process in real time, Hiring Managers can also mark student applications as “Reviewed, Pending, and Declined”.
- New hires will need to complete paperwork before starting work.
- The Student Employment Coordinator will notify both the student and the Hiring Manager by email when the student is eligible to begin working.
Hiring Managers User Guide For Student Employment
Hiring Manager Training Materials
- Coming soon!
2022-2023 IMPORTANT DATES
- February 2, 2022 – Begin requisitions in NEOED for Summer 2022, Fall 2022, and Spring 2023 hiring.
- February 9, 2022 – Students may begin applying to student employment opportunities as posted.
- No Later Than April 22, 2022 – Hiring managers mark selected students for their posted job as “pass” in NEOED.
- May 9, 2022 – First possible day a student can begin working for the 2022 summer.
- August 22, 2022 – First possible date a student can work for the Fall 2022 semester.
Student Employment Coordinator Contact Information
Student Employment Coordinator
Financial Aid Office
Shaw Hall 121