Rollie Williams Emergency Hardship Scholarship
This scholarship has been established for the international students at WLU experiencing unforeseen financial difficulties that are beyond their control.
Criteria of the scholarship:
- Students must be in F-1 or J-1 status and in good legal immigration status.
- Only students who have been at WLU for a minimun of 2 semesters are eligible.
- Priority will be given to students who have no other source of income such as, graduate assistantships (GA,TA,RA), fellowships, achievement award or other scholarships.
- Students will only be eligible to receive the scholarship one time.
Required documentation to apply:
- Completed the Rollie Williams Emergency Hardship Scholarship Application form available in the Rollie Williams International Center in Shotwell Hall.
- Copy of an unofficial WLU transcript showing a minimum overall GPA of 2.0 for undergraduate or 3.0 for graduate study.
- Must be enrolled at WLU in the semester of when the scholarship will be awarded
- Essay (maximum of 1,000 words): Describe your current economic hardship and how this scholarship will help you achieve your educational goals.
- Submit supporting documentation to show the extenuating and unforeseen circumstances that were beyond student’s control. ( Ex: parent lost job or retired and income decreased; bank cancelled student loan, etc).
Recipients of the Scholarship will be required to engage in 30 hours of service with the Rollie Williams International Center programs.
Questions can be addressed to:
Rollie Williams International Center at WLU
Shotwell Hall, 1st Floor, Room 112, Tel: 304 336 8270 or 304 336 8382