The Higher Learning Commission (HLC) is an independent corporation that was founded in 1895 as one of six regional institutional accreditors in the United States. HLC accredits degree-granting post-secondary educational institutions in the North Central region of the United States including West Liberty University.
MORE INFORMATION on HLC Affiliation
Information provided to HLC in the Institutional Update serves multiple purposes.
- Some information is used to update the Statement of Affiliation Status that is posted on HLC’s website.
- Certain financial and non-financial indicators of organizational health are reviewed to determine whether there are any trends that suggest HLC follow up.
- Some changes may require review through HLC’s policies and procedures on institutional change.
- Some information is collected and monitored in compliance with Federal requirements.
- University status is provided in the HLC Institutional Status and Requirements Reports
- Student enrollment data are used to calculate HLC membership dues.