20 August 2021
Greetings West Liberty University Family!
I am delighted to welcome our faculty, staff, and especially our students to another amazing academic year at West Liberty University. We remain committed to offering exceptional academic programs that are focused on preparing students and learners with the essential intellectual skills and practical experiences to meet the demands of a global workforce.
As I look ahead towards a brighter future, we will rise above the pandemic and other obstacles that might try to impede our progress. In all my many years of higher education experience, I have never seen so many challenges having to be addressed all at one time; however, I am confident that most of us have been programed and trained to expect the unexpected and to make lemonade out of the lemons that may be tossed our way. And our way, the path in which we choose, must be well-planned and executed with a new sense of hope and determination for success.
There is much talk about adjusting to a “new norm” and new ways of maneuvering into the future. Change is necessary, but it is not something we need to fear or reject. I personally want to challenge and encourage each of you to embrace a new way of thinking, responding, functioning, and existing. I offer that the new West Liberty University will become a vehicle for moving this institution to the next level. Over the next few weeks and months, we will make adjustments and modifications to the way in which we operate as a business, function as the oldest and greatest higher education institution in West Virginia, and adopt the change necessary to be accommodating to this new norm.
The future will be brighter, and West Liberty University will forge ahead stronger and better. I urge you to be ready for change and the new West Liberty University!
W. Franklin Evans, Ph.D.
President & CEO
My vision is to provide a holistic, high-quality education for all students so that they will develop into knowledgeable, innovative, and skilled professionals equipped to successfully impact local, state, national, and global communities.
- W. Franklin Evans, President & CEO, [email protected]
- Scott Cook, Vice President of Student Affairs & Enrollment Management, [email protected]
- Diana Harto, Chief Human Resources Officer, [email protected]
- Angie Hill, Executive Director of WLU Foundation, [email protected]
- Stephanie Hooper, General Counsel, [email protected]
- Lori Hudson, Vice President of Fiscal Affairs, [email protected]
- Jason Koegler, Vice President of External Affairs, [email protected]
- Joe Rodella, Chief Information Officer/Chief Operations Officer, [email protected]
- Shemrico Stanley, Special Assistant, DEI & Strategic Initiatives, [email protected]
- Bonnie Suderman, Interim Provost, [email protected]
- James Ullom, Athletic Director, [email protected]