Presented by the College of Arts and Communication
All events are Free and Open to the Public unless otherwise noted with $.
Fall 2017: (scheduling in progress)
- Tues, Nov 14: Wheeling Symphony Youth Orchestra Concert, Vance Church
- Thur, Nov 16: Steel Band and Jazz Band Concert, College Hall
- Tues, Nov 28: Percussion Ensemble Concert, College Hall
- Thur, Nov 30: Wind Ensemble Concert, College Hall
Past Events from Spring 2017:
- Wed, Jan 18 – Feb 10: Faculty Art Showcase in the Nutting Gallery. “Toys” is the theme. Join us at 5:30pm for the “Meet the Artists” reception in the gallery.
- Mon, Jan 23: Electronic Music Concert in College Hall, 7pm. Featuring original electronic music by WLU students.
- Sat, Jan 28: Region VI WVMEA Solo and Ensemble Festival.
- Fri, Feb 10: The Wheeling Symphony Orchestra presents “Video Games Live”. Note: The WSO is not directly affiliated with West Liberty, but we like to promote live music in Wheeling.
- Wed, Feb 15 – Mar 10: Painting and Sculpture exhibition in the Nutting Gallery. Painter Ed Bisese of College Park, MD, and sculpture by Ryder Henry of Pittsburgh. Bisese had an exhibition of his figurative paintings
at WLU four years ago. This will be Ryder Henry’s first time showing in the Nutting Gallery. Join us at 5:30pm for the “Meet the Artists” reception in the Gallery. Note: This was previously listed as “Flash! Tattoo Exhibition” but has been changed.
- Feb 16, 17, 23, 24, 25, and 26*: “Hope and Gravity” presented by the WLU Hilltop Players. 7:30pm in Kelly Theater (*Sunday matinee at 3pm). $. For ticket information, visit the Hilltop Players website or Facebook page.
- Feb 20: Music Scholarship Auditions and “Music Major for a Day”. For more information contact [email protected].
- Feb 23 and 24: Hilltop Opera presents “Die Fledermaus” (“The Bat”) by Johann Strauss. 7:30pm in College Hall.
- Feb 25: Music Tech Mini-Con. 1pm to 5pm in the Media Arts Center. More Info and Registration Here.
- Feb 25: Ryan Wolf Senior Recital. Trumpet. 7:30pm in College Hall.
- Feb 28: WLU Wind Ensemble concert. 7:30pm in College Hall.
- Mar 1-3: WLU Wind Ensemble Tour.
- Wed, Mar 22 through April 14: Cut Paper in the Nutting Gallery. Join us at 5:30pm for the “Meet the Artists” reception in the gallery.
- Sun, Mar 26: Faculty Recital, Amanda Morrison, clarinet. College Hall, 7:30pm.
- Thur, April 6: Mark Snyder and Friends in Concert. Electronic Music and Video Artist Mark Snyder presents his original work at 7:30pm in College Hall. Mark is one of the Guest Jurors for MAD Fest.
- Fri, April 7: MAD Fest. The annual Media Arts and Design Festival is a showcase and celebration of digital art, media, and music.
- Tues, April 11: Student Recital: Jessica Gulisek, piano. College Hall. 7pm.
- Tues, April 18: Student Recital: Kevin Cantrell, euphonium and Jason Sivert, percussion. College Hall. 7:30pm.
- Wed, April 19 – May 5: Spring Senior Show. Senior Art majors showcase their work in the Nutting Gallery. Join us at 5:30pm for the “Meet the Artists” reception in the gallery.
- Thur, April 20: Percussion Ensemble and Steel Band concert. College Hall. 7:30pm.
- Sat, April 22: Student Recital: Alex Gordon, piano. College Hall. 3pm.
- Sat, April 22: Student Recital: Robert Moore, percussion. College Hall. 6pm.
- Sat, April 23: WLU Singers Benefit Concert, Columbus, OH. 3pm. Email the director for more information: [email protected]
- April 27, 28, 29, and 30*: Seussical the Musical presented by the Hilltop Players and the Dept of Music and Theater. 7:30 pm in Kelly Theater (*Sunday matinee at 3pm). $. For ticket information, visit the Hilltop Players website or Facebook page.
- Sat, April 29: Student Recital: Anna Gross, soprano. Interfaith Chapel. 12pm.
- Wed, May 3: WLU Wind Ensemble concert. College Hall. 7:30pm.
- Sat, May 6: WLU Honors Recital. College Hall. 7pm. A concert featuring the winners of the annual Honor Recital Competition.
- Sun, May 7: The College Community Chorus and WLU Singers present Mozart’s Requiem in concert at Vance Memorial Presbyterian Church in Wheeling. 3pm.
- Tues, May 9: Wheeling Symphony Youth Orchestra. Vance Church, Wheeling. 7pm.
- May 18-25: WLU Singers Tour.
Past Events from FALL 2016:
- August 25-27: “Ramayana: Past in Present” An original musical by WLU student John Sherwood. 7:30pm, Kelly Theater
- August 28: “Ramayana: Past in Present” 3:00pm, Kelly Theater
- Aug 31 – Sept 14: Won-il Chung, “There as it is” (photography), Nutting Gallery
- September 14: NOISE VIOLATION live on Channel 14
- September 16 – 18: 48 Hour Film Fest
- Sept 25-27: Tri-State Select Honor Band Festival
- Sept 26: PRISM Concert for the Band Festival. Ensembles and Choirs, 7pm, College Hall
- Sept 28 – Oct 20: Vernon F. Howell (mixed media), Nutting Gallery
- Sept 29-Oct 1: Tri-State Select Honor Choral Festival
- Sept 30: PRISM Concert for the Choral Festival. Ensembles and Choirs, 7pm, College Hall
- Oct 4: Guest Recital – Harsha Abeyaratne, piano, 7:30pm
- Oct 13: Wind Ensemble and Alumni Concert, 7:30pm
- Oct 20, 21, 27, 28, 29, 39: The Hilltop Players present “Poe: Master of the Macabre” in Kelly Theater.
- Nov 2 – 22: Alumni Exhibition: Victoria Lavorini and Thomas Stoller, Nutting Gallery
- Nov 19: College Community Chorus concert, location TBA, 7:30pm
- Nov 29: Wheeling Symphony Youth Orchestra Concert, Vance Church, 7pm
- Nov 30 – Dec 8: Fall Senior Exhibition, Nutting Gallery
- Dec 1: WLU Wind Ensemble Concert, 7:30pm
- Dec 1, 2, 8, 9, 10, 11: The Hilltop Players present “A Christmas Carol – Scrooge and Marley” in Kelly Theater.
- Dec 4: WLU Singers present, “A Holiday Card to Wheeling” 3pm and 7pm at St. Joseph’s Cathedral