Admission Point 3 – Admission to Professional Semester
- Completed the Professional Semester Admission Google Form Application
- Completed all but two courses in General Studies
- Completed all required EDUC, READ and SPED courses with letter grades of “C” or better
- Completed all required Curriculum and Methods courses with letter grades of “C” or better
- Completed all but one of the required content courses in his or her major with letter grades of “C” or better
- Met all requirements imposed by the content area
- Successfully completed all Field/Practicum requirements
- Earned an overall G.P.A. of at least 3.0
- Provided documentation of negative tuberculin test/ PPD test (within past 12months)
- Passed the required FBI background check and been issued a Student Teaching Permit by the West Virginia Department of Education.
- Passed all of the required Praxis II tests in each certification area in which the teacher candidate is eligible to student teach (for Teacher Candidates in the Fall Methods and Materials course, it must be passed and received by the Teacher Education Program by December 1st and in the Spring by May 1st).
Candidates who have met these requirements must complete the Application for Student Teaching. The Admissions/Retention Coordinator and the Program Director of Teacher Education will complete a file review of each applicant, including all course dispositions. Electronic notification of admission or denial to clinical student teaching will be sent to each applicant.
- Unit Plan & Differentiated Unit Plan (Requires a “Developing” or higher rating)
- Implemented Lesson Plan Portfolio (Requires a “Developing” or higher rating)