Admission Point # 4 – Completion of Program
Coursework, assessments and related training must be completed during the semester in which the candidate is enrolled in the Residency Semester 2. Teacher candidates must fulfill the following requirements in order to successfully complete the program:
- EDUC 485: Student Teaching
○ Candidates must successfully complete one content area placement in their assigned schools in the regional area (with using prior field experience to complete all other content area requirements)
○ Candidates must receive “Acceptable” or higher rating on all categories of the Student Teaching Numerical Assessment Form
○ Candidates must receive “Developing” or higher rating on all categories of the Disposition Form
- EDUC 470: Professional Seminar
○ Candidates must successfully complete all key programmatic assessments and other required assignments as designated in the course syllabus
Key Programmatic Assessments
○ WV Teacher Performance Assessment (Requires a “Emerging” or higher rating)
○ Mock Interview (Requires a “Developing” or higher rating)
○ Professional Portfolio (Requires a “Target” rating)
- EDUC 409: School Law
○ Candidates must successfully complete all required assessments and professional trainings as designated in the course syllabus
*For full Professional Semester expectations and requirements, see Appendix E of this Student Policy Manual.
*Important- Teacher candidates have one year from graduation to acquire certification under their catalog. After one year, the teacher candidate is required to adhere to the current university catalog in which they are applying for certification. The teacher candidate will be responsible for completing any additional requirements – coursework, Praxis, etc.