Your college experience is our top priority.
Connect, engage and thrive as a commuter student at West Liberty University.
Our student service centered approach and strong University community help you get the most out of your education and college life.
- Feel at home on campus, with dedicated spaces to study, socialize and recharge between classes.
- Check out the Commuter Lounge (S-3) on the second floor of the Union, where you can grab a snack or take a break between classes! Don’t forget to utilize the Library, Union Basement, and more for hangout spaces while on campus!
- Take advantage of the great University amenities enjoyed by all West Lib
Benefits Beyond the Classroom
Whether you’re a first-time commuter student or are returning to school to finish your degree, we’re here to make sure you succeed. Get help with challenging courses, support in scheduling your classes, and guidance on degree though your academic advisors and the Learning & Student Development Center
Your Home Away from Home
Refuel, study and relax between classes. The College Union is a “home base” for commuter students located in the heart of campus Commuter student amenities include:
- Lockers to store your stuff near the Union Mail room.
- Ample seating and work areas across campus.
- Vending machines.
- Places to socialize and watch TV.
Commuter Student Activities
When you commute to WLU, you’re entering into a community. Take part in activities planned during the day & evening on the Hilltop depending on when you are here!
Meetings & Events
Stay in the loop on what’s important to you. Student Government keeps you up-to-date on services for students. Or Stop by the Office of Student Life (S-30)- 2nd Floor of the Union for snacks & to exchange information and ideas, and ask questions to our professional & student Staff!
We offer on-campus parking for all students in the designated Student Lots around campus! At the beginning of each academic year please visit Shaw Hall to pick up your Student Parking Tag.
As a commuter, there are different options provided by WLU & Sodexo Dining Services. In addition to the plans offered to residents, commuters may select: 50 meals per semester, or 5 meals a week with $100 Sodexo Dollars
Sign up for a Meal Plan as a commuter here.
There are also great opportunities to work on campus depending on your schedule! Students can work for different administrative offices, become an Ambassador, work for dining services, and more! Check out all the student employment opportunities or read about the process here!