Admission Point 3 – Admission to Residency 2
- Completed the Admission Point 3: Admission to Residency Semester 2 Google Form Application
- Completed all but two courses in General Studies
- Completed all required EDUC, READ and SPED courses with letter grades of “C” or better
- Completed all required Residency 1 courses with letter grades of “C” or better
- Completed all but one of the required content courses in his or her major with letter grades of “C” or better
- Met all requirements imposed by the content area
- Successfully completed all Field/Practicum requirements (minimum of 250 hours over 14 weeks)
- Earned an overall G.P.A. of at least 3.0
- Passed all of the required Praxis II tests in each certification area in which the teacher candidate is eligible to enter Residency Semester 2 (for Teacher Candidates in the Fall Residency Semester 1, it must be passed and received by the Teacher Education Program by November 1st and in the Spring by May 1st).
Candidates who have met these requirements must complete the Application for Residency Semester 2. The Admissions/Retention Coordinator and the Program Director of Teacher Education will complete a file review of each applicant, including all course dispositions. Electronic notification of admission or denial to clinical student teaching will be sent to each applicant.
*Candidates may appeal to be admitted to Admission Point 3: Admission to Residency Semester 2 if they obtain passing scores on all Praxis II tests after the deadline of November 1st or May 1st, but placements cannot be guaranteed. Candidates must complete the Google Form in addition to submitting their letter of appeal.
By the end of the Residency Semester 1, teacher candidates must successfully complete all key programmatic assessments.
Key Programmatic Assessments (Residency Semester 1):
- Unit Plan (Requires a “Developing” or higher rating)
● Implemented Lesson Plan Portfolio (Requires a “Developing” or higher rating)