The Masters Degree Program in Athletic Administration or Coaching is an online format and is designed for individuals working or desiring to work in school, university, and community sports programs. Coursework includes key issues involved in educational athletics and further develop leadership and coaching skills.
Required courses in Education Common Core (12 hours):
- EDUC 502 Professional Writing (online every semester)
- EDUC 507 Research Methods (online every semester)
- EDUC 512 Assessment and Data Literacy (online every semester)
- EDUC 581 Capstone (16-week course during Fall or Spring only)
Required courses for this area of emphasis (18 hours):
- SLC 500 Principles of Coaching
- SLC 520 Athletic Administration
- SLC 530 Psychosociology of Sport
- SLC 540 Conditioning Principles
- SLC 550 Injury Prevention & Safety
- SLC 570 Sports Law
Total academic hours required for degree: 30
- Official transcripts of any bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university, with a 2.5 GPA.
- Start the Program in January, March, May, June, August, or October