Our staff is available to assist and guide you through the educational process.
We hope that West Liberty University can serve you in your upcoming educational endeavor. The checklist provided below is intended to facilitate your enrollment at WLU.
Mitchell Moon, Veterans GI Bill Coordinator
Veterans Enrollment Checklist
- Are you eligible for GI Benefits?
- Apply Online for GI Benefits. If you’ve already received GI Bill Benefits at another college and are transferring to West Liberty, you need to complete the Change of Program or Training Form.
- Check out our academic programs to explore your degree options.
- If you have never attended an institute of higher learning, you will be considered a Freshman Student. Please follow the link to review requirements.
- If you have taken courses already at another institute of higher learning, you will be considered a Transfer Student. Please follow the link to review requirements.
- Apply Now online for admission to WLU or print a paper copy of the application.
- Apply for Financial Aid.
- Once you are accepted to WLU, Check out the What’s Next page.
- After classes have started, you will have to verify attendance, if applicable.
- Contact the GI Bill Veteran Coordinator to discuss your educational plan and to complete your Certification VA Form
Bring the following items to your meeting with the coordinator
- Copy of the DD 214 or Notice of Basic Eligibility (NOBE)
- Certificate of Eligibility (provided by VA when approved for educational benefits)
- Reminder: Make sure your official transcripts from other institutions have been sent as well as your military transcripts
West Liberty University is honored to be designated as a Military Friendly School.
- Center for Student Success – counseling, tutoring, ADA, career services
- Highlands Center – opportunities for additional evening / weekend classes and degree completion programs in Triadelphia, WV, just off Interstate 70.
- Financial Aid Office -For instructions and help with the student loans, view the Financial Aid “How to Videos”
- Housing and Residence Life
- Academic Sports and Recreation Complex (ASRC) – wellness and fitness center facilities