ACTIVE MILITARY SERVICE
TITLE 133 PROCEDURAL RULE WVHEPC-SERIES 56-MILITARY STUDENT WITHDRAWAL POLICY
- As a result of a national military emergency, university
students may be among the military reservists called to active duty.
- Consequently, the following procedure is to be used in those
instances wherein students from WLU are called to active military
service and can provide a copy of their official orders.
- Upon receiving their orders to report for active duty, students
must contact the Veteran’s Clerk in the Enrollment Services
Center, who will inform the students on the institutional procedure
- If the student is called to active duty during the first four weeks
of the semester, a Cancellation of Registration Form will be
completed and the student will be issued a full refund of tuition and
fees. No credit will be given for the respective semester.
- If the student is called to active duty beginning the fifth week
of the semester through the eleventh week of the semester,
incomplete grades will be issued to the student. The student’s
instructors will be contacted by the Enrollment Services Center
regarding grading procedures. It will be the student’s responsibility
to contact individual instructors regarding the completion of work
upon returning from active duty. At the discretion of the instructor,
letter grades may be given if sufficient coursework has been
- If the student is called to active duty beginning with the twelfth
week of the semester, letter grades will be issued by the student’s
instructors. These grades will be determined by the instructor
based on the coursework and grades earned up to the withdrawal
date. The student’s instructors will be contacted by the Enrollment
Services Center regarding grading procedures.
- If the student resides in campus owned housing, a
Cancellation of Room and Board Form must be completed with the
Residence Life staff. The student must designate on this form an
individual to complete move out procedures if he/she is unable to
do so. Refunds will be prorated based on the number of weeks
spent utilizing campus owned housing and meal plan.