The Staff Council Scholarship Fund was created for the purpose of awarding a Staff employee or the dependent of a Staff employee (son or daughter, either natural or adopted, step-son or step-daughter), a monetary grant to be used exclusively by the individual for college expenses as they pursue an undergraduate or graduate degree at West Liberty University.
- An undergraduate applicant must be a full-time student; 12 or more hours.
- A graduate applicant must maintain 3 or more hours.
- A cumulative GPA of 2.5 must be maintained by the applicant.
- Awards are based on funds available and at the discretion of the Staff Scholarship Committee. (presuming funds are available).
- The award must be used for West Liberty University attendance only.
- Applicants must be a Staff employee or Staff employee’s dependent.
- For employees: Must be a benefits-eligible employee.
- For dependents: Status as a dependent must be verified by Federal Tax Transcripts or FAFSA.
- Staff employees must complete an application:
- The Staff Council Scholarship Committee will meet ten (10) business days following the deadline for each semester.
- Committee decisions will be made by a majority vote.
- Applicants will be notified via email within fifteen (15) days of the Committee’s decision.A