Take a step into a different time and immerse yourself in history at the Wheeling Regional Pre-Modern Symposium (WRPS) on Oct. 17 beginning at 9 am at West Liberty University.
Events and Activities include:
Courtyard behind the Fine Arts building
- 9:00 - 9:45 am: General introduction to the Viking Age and Workshop safety
- 10:00 – 11:00 am (Darrell Markewitz) – Demonstration of Viking Age sand table forge
- 11:00 – Noon (Neil Peterson) – Demonstration of the Viking Age bead furnace
- 1:30 - 4:00 pm - Hands-on sessions with both instructors. General Q and A for observers. The afternoon events are loosely scheduled and classes may arrive and depart as their instructors see fit.
Main Hall, rooms 270 and 271
- 7:30 – 9:00 pm – Darrell Markewitz and Neil Peterson will give two concurrent evening lectures: ”Advise to the new Artisan Blacksmith” and “Experimental Archaeology/Bead Furnaces”
This event has been sponsored by the College of Liberal Arts and the Arts and Ideas Fund as part of continuing programming for the Wheeling Regional Pre-Modern Symposium.