Counseling Service offers students the opportunity to address personal difficulties that interfere with academic adjustment, academic performance, and address mental health issues and facilitate a process of social and emotional well-being.
Counseling is Free · Counseling is Confidential
Seeking help or advice is not an admission of weakness, but a demonstration of your determination to help yourself during a period of adjustment or challenging time.
Office hours: 8:00 am – 4:00 pm. Evening appointments may be scheduled.
OfficeLocation: Main Hall East Wing 138
To Schedule a Counseling Appointment
To schedule an appointment:
- Sign into your WINS account
Click Student Services – Click Request a Counseling Session
- Email [email protected]
- Phone 304-336-8215
- Referral box beside office door
- Walk – In
In case of a life-threatening emergency, call 911, or Campus Police at 304-336-8021.
For information on our Behavioral Intervention Team, please click on BIT.
- Mental Health Screening http://psychcentral.com/quizzes/
- NULifeline is a comprehensive, confidential, online resource center where you can feel comfortable searching for the information you need and want regarding mental and emotional health. http://www.ulifeline.org/westlibertyu/
- 24 Hour Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 1(800)273-8255
- 24 Hour West Virginia Substance Abuse call line 844-HELP4WV
(provides those battling substance abuse with information about specialized treatment and recovery services)
- Cutting/Self-injury S.A.F.E. Alternatives – http://www.selfinjury.com
- Crisis Text Line http://www.crisistextline.org/
- National Sexual Assault Hotline | 1(800)656-HOPE
- Rape, Abuse, and Incest National Network (RAINN) http://www.rainn.org
- National Domestic Violence Hotline: 1(800)799- SAFE
- National Domestic Violence Hotline –http://www.ndvh.org
- Trevor Lifeline (LGBTQ): 1 (855)-488-7386
- National Eating Disorders Organization – http://www.nationaleatingdisorders.org
- NA mtgs http://wheelingna.org/areaMeetingList.htmlhttp://aawv.org/site/district_6.htm
- AA Mtgs http://aawv.org/site/district_6.htm
- Al-Anon/Alateen – friends and families of alcoholics http://www.alateen.org
- College Drinking-Changing the Culture http://www.collegedrinkingprevention.gov/
- Information, resources and tools to overcome addiction https://www.drugrehab.com/
- Obsessive/Compulsive Foundation – http://www.ocfoundation.org
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) http://www.ptsdalliance.org
Relaxation Guided Imagery
- 5-minute Breathing Meditation (UCLA)