Counseling Service offers students the opportunity to address personal difficulties that interfere with academic adjustment, academic performance, address mental health issues and facilitate a process of social and emotional well-being.
Counseling is Free
Counseling is Confidential
Seeking help or advice is not an admission of weakness, but a demonstration of your determination to help yourself during a period of adjustment or challenging time.
Office hours: 8:00 am – 4:00 pm.
Evening appointments may be scheduled.
Office Location: Main Hall East Wing 138
To Schedule a Counseling Appointment
Sign into your WINS account Click Student Services, Click Request a Counseling Session
ALERT: We are temporarily without voicemail. Please use email to leave a message.
Referral box beside office door
Walk – In
In case of a life-threatening emergency, call 911, or Campus Police at 304-336-8021.
For information on our Behavioral Intervention Team, please click on BIT.
- 24 Hour Suicide Prevention Lifeline 1(800)273-8255
- WV Prevent Suicide http://preventsuicidewv.org/
- Cutting/Self-injury S.A.F.E. Alternatives http://www.selfinjury.com
- Crisis Text Line http://www.crisistextline.org/
- American Association of Suicidology http://www.suicidology.org/resources/warning-signs
- Mental Health Screening http://psychcentral.com/quizzes/
- ULifeline http://www.ulifeline.org/westlibertyu/
- Substance Abuse Mental Health Service Administration (SAMHSA) https://findtreatment.samhsa.gov/
SEXUAL ASSAULT AND DOMESTIC VIOLENCE
- National Sexual Assault Hotline 1(800)656-HOPE
- Rape, Abuse, and Incest National Network (RAINN) http://www.rainn.org
- National Domestic Violence Hotline 1(800)799- SAFE http://www.ndvh.org
- Stalking Resource Center http://victimsofcrime.org/our-programs/stalking-resource-center
- Office on Violence Against Women https://www.justice.gov/ovw
- Love is Respect http://www.loveisrespect.org/
- Trevor Lifeline (LGBTQ) 1 (855)-488-7386
- Pandora’s Project http://pandys.org/lgbtsurvivors.html
- National Eating Disorders Organization http://www.nationaleatingdisorders.org
- Learn Psychology http://www.learnpsychology.org/mental-health/eating-disorders/
- NA mtgs http://wheelingna.org/areaMeetingList.htmlhttp://aawv.org/site/district_6.htm
- AA Mtgs http://aawv.org/site/district_6.htm
- Al-Anon/Alateen – friends and families of alcoholics http://www.alateen.org
- 24 Hour West Virginia Substance Abuse call line 1- 844-HELP4WV
- College Drinking-Changing the Culture http://www.collegedrinkingprevention.gov/
- Addiction Center http://halfofusrx.com/
- Drug Treatment Center Finder https://www.drugtreatmentcenterfinder.com/