Frequently Asked Questions
- When is the last day for students to commit to the program for the Fall of 2019?
Classes begin on August 26, 2019. Please make your commitment prior to this date.
- Is there a deposit for the WVSOM Bridge Program?
There is no deposit for this program.
- How many students does the committee anticipate to matriculate into the WVSOM Bridge Program?
Approximately 20 students.
- Who is a point of contact I may speak with from WVSOM?
Students who qualify for guaranteed admission will be contacted by WVSOM in order to set up an interview in mid-to-late June.
- Will the comprehensive examination at the end of the year reflect all of the coursework throughout the year?
Yes, it will.
- Is there an option for students to extend beyond a year within the program and still transition to WVSOM in case of unforeseen predicaments?
No, there is not.
- Are graduate students from this specific program allowed to stay in the dorms on campus at WLU?
Yes. You can learn more by contacting the Office of Housing & Student Life: https://westliberty.edu/residence-life/
- Will there be a formal orientation for all accepted students to this program?
A graduate orientation will be scheduled for students accepted into WVSOM Bridge Program.
- How is the pre-matriculation interview date scheduled, that is to be completed prior to the commencement of the program? Will it take place at WLU or WVSOM?
The interview will take place at WVSOM, and they will contact you to schedule this.
- Are there scholarships, financial aid, etc. offered? Who could I speak with for further assistance regarding this?
Yes, financial aid is available. You can learn more by contacting the Financial Aid office: https://westliberty.edu/financial-aid/
- If a student meets all the requirements for the program, is he or she bound to WVSOM? Or could he or she potentially apply to other medical schools as well?
Students who meet the requirements may apply to any Med School; however, by meeting the guaranteed requirements coming into the program, having a successful interview, and completing the program with the required GPA, you will be guaranteed admission into WVSOM.
- If a student meets the MCAT requirement, is it still mandatory for the student to take the MCAT class in the fall semester?
Yes, we still require you to enroll in the MCAT course, though you may be asked to participate in more of a mentorship role.
- What is the student-professor ratio expected to be for this program?
The ratio depends on the size of the class. Some classes will be held with other graduate students (from our various Biology graduate programs) while others may have some upper-level undergraduates. The ratio could vary from 20:1 to approximately 50:1, depending on the class and enrollment.
- Can I use transfer credit toward this degree?
Transfer credits from previous graduate coursework cannot be applied to this major.
Questions about Application Process: