Tifani Fletcher, Ph.D.
Associate Professor of Psychology
Director of Undergraduate Psychology Program
Main Hall 359-C
- 2001, BS in Psychology from East Tennessee State University
- 2003, MA in Psychology from East Tennessee State University
- 2014, PhD in Psychology from East Tennessee State University
- West Liberty University since 2014
- East Tennessee State University 2001-2014
- Lincoln Memorial University 2013-2015
- Mars Hill University 2013
Areas of Interest
- Psychology as a STEM
- Scholarship of Teaching and Learning (SoTL)
- Smoking Cessation for Pregnant Women
- Intimate Partner Violence During Pregnancy
- Connection Between Religiosity and Health
- Insight Problem Solving
- Fletcher, T., & Swartz, M. (October, 2020). Psychology as a STEM: Collaboration within K-12 schools. Abstract to be published in conference e-book 2021. Presentation accepted to the Society for Teaching of Psychology Annual conference on Teaching, October 8-10, 2020, Pittsburgh, PA. Conference moved to virtual.
- Fletcher, T. R., Swartz, M., & Eisel, A. (April, 2020). Psyched for STEM: Integrating psychology as a science in elementary education. Abstract published in the 2020 Proceedings of the WVAS. Conference canceled/postponed due to COVID-19
- McClain, T., & Fletcher, T. (2019). Making your way through graduate school to financial security. Eye of Psi Chi 24(2), https://doi.org/10.24839/2164-9812.Eye24.2.30
- Fletcher, T. R. & McClain, T. (2018). Psych Out: Interactive and Adaptable Psychology Program for the Classroom and Community. In R. L. Miller and A. Martinez (Eds.). Teaching Tips: A Compendium of Conference Presentations on Teaching, 2016-17. Retrieved from the Society for the Teaching of Psychology web site: http://teachpsych.org/ebooks/
- Roxby, J., Chaundhry, N., Nolan, J, Fletcher, T.R, Omelchenko-Comer, N. (2017). In Pursuit of a Functional Personality Model. Proceedings of the West Virginia Academy of Sciences, 89(2).
- Fletcher, T. R., Clements, A. D., & Bailey, B. A. (2016). A Review of Instruments to Screen for Intimate Partner Violence during Pregnancy. International Journal of Health Sciences Education, 3(1), online.
- Clements, A. D., Fletcher, T. R., Childress, L. D., Montgomery, R. A., & Bailey, B. A. (2016). Social support, religious commitment, and depression among pregnant and postpartum women. The Journal of Reproductive and Infant Psychology. doi: 10.1080/02646838.2016.1152626.
- McClain, T., Marshall, M.J., Stoffel, R., & Fletcher, T. R. (2015, March). Implementing programmatic assessment strategies in small public colleges and universities. Interest Group presented at the Southeastern Psychological Association, Hilton Head, SC.
- Fletcher, T. R., Clements, A. D., & Bailey, B. A. (2014). Identifying Intimate Partner Violence during Pregnancy in Prenatal Care Settings. International Journal of Health Sciences Education, 2(2), online.
- Clements, A. D., Fletcher, T. R., Cyphers, N., Ermakova, A. V., & Bailey, B. (2013). RSAS-3: Validation of a Very Brief Measure of Religious Commitment for Use in Health research. Journal of Religion and Health, 52(4), doi:10.1007/s10943-013-9791-1
- Undergraduate courses
- Introduction to Psychology
- Introduction to Professional Psychology
- Introduction to Learning
- Sensation and Perception
- Cognitive Psychology
- Physiological Psychology
- Design and Analysis I and II
- Practicum, Practicum in Psychological Research
- Senior Seminar
- Psychology of Women
- Independent Study / Special Topics
- Graduate courses
- Research Methods
- Biological Psychology