Peter M. Sontag (’69) established this scholarship in memory of Valerie Renee Callas to be awarded to deserving WLU students majoring in psychology.
The Valerie Renee Callas Scholarship will provide one Psychology major with $500/semester for up to four years. Applicants must:
- Have a cumulative high school grade point average of 3.5
- Have an ACT score of 22 or SAT score of 1030
- Applicants must be declaring a major in psychology
To maintain Eligibility, students must
- Remain enrolled at WLU as a full time student majoring in psychology
- Maintain a 3.0 overall GPA (evaluated annually)
Application Process: Please send the following to [email protected] with a subject line of Valerie Renee Callas Application
- A letter explaining why you should be selected to
- Documentation from your high school with your current grade point average
- Documentation of your ACT or SAT scores
Application Deadline: April 1
The community’s need for substance abuse and mental health treatment has increased. Northwood wants to respond to that community concern by generating more interest in careers in the human services field. To generate that additional interest, as explained below, Northwood will pay up to $15,000 toward tuition to assist qualified individuals to obtain a bachelor’s degree in psychology or social work at West Liberty University. This should be considered a one-time offer, as Northwood may not make it available again in the future. More information can be found here.