Craig Crow Ed.D.Assoc. Prof. of Management, Director of Assessment
- Ed.D., Educational Leadership, West Virginia University
- M.S., Sport Management, West Virginia University
- B.S., Business Administration, West Liberty State College
- WCOB Assessment Committee, Chairperson
- General Studies Assessment Committee
- Program Review Committee
- Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM)
Past Professional Memberships:
- North American Society for Sport Management (NASSM)
- College Sport Research Institute (CSRI)
- PSSI Stadium Corp. game day field crew member
- Sport industry guest service consulting
- Review board member for Case Studies in Sport Management
Peer Reviewed Journal Articles:
- Dittmore, S. W., & Crow, C. M. (2010, April). The influence of the Bowl Championship Series on competitive balance in college football. Journal of Sports Administration & Supervision 2(1), 7-19. Article also published in the Fall 2010 edition of The Sports Business Exchange. Recipient of Editor’s Choice Award.
- Goss, B.D., Jubenville, C.J., & Crow, C.M. (2009). Future of the sport industry. In A. Gillentine and R.B. Crow (eds.). Foundations of Sport Management (2nd ed.). Morgantown, WV: Fitness Information Technology.
- Crow, C.M. (2014, May). Review of the book Beyond the scoreboard: An insider’s guide to the business of sport, by R. Horrow & K. Swatek. Sport Management Review 17(2), 238-239.
Peer Reviewed Conference Presentations
- Crow, C.M. (2014, April). Researching the institution’s athletics program: One faculty member’s experience. Abstract presented at the 2014 Scholarly Conference on College Sport, Columbia, SC in April 2014.
- Crow, C.M. (2013, April). Impact of football stadium beer sales on fan behavior and crime: Perceptions of campus law enforcement directors. Abstract presented at the 2013 Scholarly Conference on College Sport, Chapel Hill, NC in April 2013.
- Crow, C.M. (2013, April). Is anyone choosing Division II? Content analysis of recent research on intercollegiate athletics. Abstract presented at the 2013 Scholarly Conference on College Sport, Chapel Hill, NC in April 2013.
- Crow, C. M. (2012, May). Perceived benefits of outsourcing football stadium foodservice operations: Differences between FBS and FCS institutions. Presented at the annual meeting of the North American Society for Sport Management, Seattle, WA.
- Crow, C.M. (2012, April). Outsourcing foodservice operations: Who is behind the counter? Presented at the 2012 Scholarly Conference on College Sport, Chapel HIll, NC.
- Dittmore, S.W., Crow, C.M., & Fields, T.E. (2010, March). Property rights in the age of digital media: Exploring the legal and practical impacts of the restricting content usage. Abstract presented at the Fourth Summit on Communication and Sport, Cleveland, OH.
- Dittmore, S. W., & Crow, C. M. (2009, April). Competitive balance in the founding BSC conferences: Regular and post-season implications. Abstract presented at the 2009 Scholarly Conference on College Sport, Chapel Hill, NC.
Conference Poster Presentations
- Crow, C. M. (2012, April 19). Satisfaction with football stadium foodservice operations. Poster presented at the 2012 Scholarly Conference on College Sport, Chapel Hill, NC.
Courses Taught at WLU
- ENT 450: Venture Finance and Analysis
- EDL 520: Human Resources and Personal Issues
- FIN 325: Sport Finance
- GBUS 140: Introduction to Business
- MGT 310: Sport Venue Management
- MGT 320: Legal Aspects of Sport Industry
- MGT 350: Principles of Management
- MGT 353: Small Business Management
- MGT 410: Sport Management Ethics
- MGT 471: Sport Management Internship
- MGT 475: Human Resource Management
- MGT 498: Strategic Management and Policies
- MGT 545: Strategic Human Resource Management
- MKT 410: Sport Marketing
- Gary E. West College of Business Excellence in Teaching Award, 2012-2013