University Student Union – S14
Student Health Services
Shaw Hall 019
Shaw Hall 015
How to Help a Friend or Family Member
It can be hard to know what to do to help a friend or a family member who has experienced sexual violence or sexual harassment.
A survivor has experienced a violation and/or crime (or crimes) where s/he has lost control over the situation. It is natural to feel a tremendous loss of power and control over life during these times. Surviving sexual violence or sexual harassment is a testament of the individual’s strength; however, s/he may not feel strong. Below are some suggestions about how you can help.
- NOT ALONE: notalone.gov
- KNOW YOUR IX: http://knowyourix.org/title-ix/title-ix-the-basics/
- TITLE IX AND SEX DISCRIMINATION: http://www2.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ocr/docs/tix_dis.html
- PREGNANT AND PARENTING STUDENTS: http://www2.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ocr/docs/pregnancy.pdf
- PREGNANCY FAQs: https://westliberty.edu/titleix/files/2019/01/Pregnancy_FAQs.pdf
- NO MORE: http://nomore.org/
A campaign to raise public awareness and engage bystanders around ending domestic violence and sexual assault.