The WVU School of Dentistry has partnered with the WLU Department of Biological Sciences to offer highly-qualified rising sophomores at WLU potential early admission to WVU’s Doctor of Dental Surgery (D.D.S.) program. Individuals who complete their first year at WLU and aspire to earn a dental degree are eligible to apply to the Dental Early Admission Program (D.E.A.P.).
Admission to the D.E.A.P. is available to a maximum of two students annually through a competitive application and interview process.
D.E.A.P. applications are available to all WLU students who meet the specified criteria below:
- Have completed at least 30 semester credit hours but no more than 75 credit hours, with a minimum of a 3.6 GPA, to include at least two (2) of the required Biology, Chemistry, and Mathematics core courses each semester. (See “Course Schedule” below.)
- Take one Biology, one Chemistry, and one Mathematics core course per semester during their freshman year.
- Complete the Physics core courses by the completion of their sophomore year.
- Maintain at least 3.60 overall and science GPAs.
- Maintain standards of honesty, integrity, and citizenship.
- Successfully complete all pre-requisite courses for dental school admission and all other requirements, including immunizations and criminal background clearance.
- Have overall and science GPAs of 3.60 or above at West Liberty University.
- Take the Dental Admission Test (DAT) and score at or above the average Academic and Perceptual Ability Test (PAT) score achieved by the previous WVU entering dental class.
- Fulfill preparatory community service (minimum 50 hours) and dental shadowing requirements (minimum 50 hours in various general dental practices).
- Successfully complete dental school application and interview requirements.
- Demonstrate honesty, integrity, leadership, and citizenship.
- Individuals who receive provisional acceptance to the WVU School of Dentistry educational programs must pass a Criminal Background Investigation (CBI), at their own expense, prior to final acceptance to the WVU School of Dentistry.
West Liberty University Catalogs
View the course catalog for more information.