This major provides the potential for highly qualified applicants to complete the BS Biology and MSPAS degrees in five years versus the traditional six years.
Students entering the major will be required to:
- take a set series of courses,
- maintain a cumulative 3.5 GPA overall and in all math, psychology, and science courses with no lower than a “C” grade in each course within the major,
- perform a minimum of 25 hours of community service,
- shadow various health professionals for a minimum of 135 hours, and
- successfully interview at two points within the curriculum.
If accepted to continue in the major…
Students will receive the Bachelor of Science Biology degree after the first two terms of study in the MSPAS program (typically 3.5 years after admission to WLU).
Students who do not fulfill the qualifications…
Students who enter with the intent to complete the Human Biology/MSPAS 3+2 major, but do not fulfill the qualifications may finish the BS Biology through the traditional Human Biology major and apply via the normal route for entry into PA school.
Requirements for the Major
The requirements for the Human Biology/MSPAS 3+2 are more stringent than those for the general pool of post-baccalaureate applicants. Click here to download the advising worksheet.
Proposed Course Schedule
West Liberty University Catalogs
View the course catalog for more information.