Greetings Instrumental Music Teachers of Region 6
We hope this school year is treating you well. We always enjoy the opportunity to see and speak with all of you, and witness first-hand the fruits of your labor—the wonderful job you do with your students.
The lobby of the Media Arts Center (MAC) will again serve as the check-in/registration hub. It is imperative that each of you check in with us at the registration table as soon as you arrive.
We will again be offering recording services in our state-of-the-art Recording Studio in the MAC. State nominees will be given priority in the studio, but all are welcome to sign up for a recording session. Recording information and procedures can be found below.
Friday, January 13 — registration deadline
Friday, January 20 — payment deadline
Saturday, January 28, 2017 – Solo and Ensemble Festival at West Liberty University
Friday, February 3 — “postmark” deadline for honor recordings
Tuesday, February 7 — “hand delivery” deadline for recordings
Information and procedures for Solo and Ensemble recording:
- Anyone may sign up for a recording session, but preference will be given to performers who achieved a Superior rating following their adjudicated performance.
- Following your adjudicated performance, please sign up for a time near the Recording Studio in the Media Arts Center. Time slots are 15 minutes each. The exact location for sign-up will be marked.
- Be prepared for the Studio schedule to run early or late.* Be ready at least 15 minutes before or after your scheduled time.
- For the sake of efficiency and fairness, you may only perform your piece one time in the studio.
- Multiple takes and/or editing are not allowed.
- The number of people who may enter the studio is limited to the performer(s), accompanist, one parent, and the private teacher. All others should please wait in the Media Arts Center lobby.
- The fee is $10 per recording payable at the time of recording in cash or by check to Region VI Solo and Ensemble.
- Two Compact Discs with cases will be provided: one for you to send to WVMEA and one for your personal use.
- As many as 4 total copies can be produced and there is no extra charge. We cannot produce more than 4 total copies, however.
- All CDs will be completely unmarked.
- You are responsible for sending your recording to WVMEA according to their guidelines.
*Those signed up later in the afternoon may have significant deviation from the scheduled time slot. We are doing everything we can to accommodate everyone in as timely a manner as possible.
For questions about recording, please contact Dr. Matt Harder: [email protected]