WEST LIBERTY, W.Va., Sept. 2, 2022 — Ten new ambassadors joined the West Liberty University admissions team this fall.
“Choosing a college is a big decision and that’s where our ambassadors help tremendously. Each one brings their personal perspective to our visitors and prospective students. They offer advice based on real experience of living and studying on campus,” said Michelle Filberto, WLU’s Admissions Event Coordinator.
“Our student ambassadors give campus tours and assist with all admissions events such as Black & Gold Days, Open Houses. They help with group visits for high schools, middle and elementary schools. We have student-athletes, international students and students from a variety of locations and majors making it a truly diverse team of young professionals,” added Filberto.
Filberto has worked in the Office of Admissions for more than 10 years.
“We have a safe, friendly and comfortable campus and our student ambassadors are experts at showing students around,” she said.
She plans all the on-campus admission events and schedules the campus tours throughout the year. She also supervises the 18 student ambassadors.
“I certainly appreciate all our ambassadors do for WLU and I encourage any prospective student or family member to call me and set up a personal tour soon,” she said.
Campus tours are back in full-swing since the pandemic has wound down and are offered Monday through Friday, every hour from 9 a.m. – 2 p.m. Ambassadors also help set-up and take part in Black and Gold Days and Open House events, both designed for all prospective students.
Black and Gold Days offer a complete look at campus, including tours and lunch and the next one is coming up on Saturday, Sept. 17. Prospective students can register at westliberty.edu/visitation.
Student ambassadors (both new and returning), hometowns and majors include:
- Ishika Agarwal, Hyderabad, India, General Business, Marketing;
- Courtney Ellifritz, Keyser, W.Va., Pre-Veterinary;
- Reagan Gray, Glen Easton, WV, Pre-Med;
- Adriana Hernandez, Trinway, Ohio, Entrepreneurship;
- Tyler Hill, Cameron, W.Va., Biology/Pre-Medicine;
- Abigail Holbert, London, Ohio, EEOB/Pre-Veterinary;
- Mackenzey Infanti, Wellsville, Ohio, Zoo Science;
- Kinzie Kaplet Barnesville, Ohio, Pre-Dental Hygiene
- Danielle Keller Vieira, Brasilia, Brazil, Zoo Science;
- Madison “Maddie” Linzy, Glen Dale, W.Va., Elementary Education;
- Alexis Martin Winifrede, W.Va., Zoo Science;
- Evelina Martirosyan, Yerevan, Armenia, General Biology;
- Deric Nesselroad, Stockport, Ohio, Zoo Science;
- Mackenzie Rine, Zanesville, Ohio, Health Care Management/MBA;
- Alexia Schmader, South Park, Pa., Music Education;
- Alaina Thompson, Jacksonburg, W.Va., English Education;
- Claire Valentine, Mars, Pa., Bio/Pre-Med;
- James “Jimmy” Willis, Bethany, W.Va., Political Science.
The Admissions Office is located in the Department of Enrollment Management, located in historic Shaw Hall and offers a one-stop location for prospective students and their families to discover everything West Liberty University has to offer.
For details, contact the Admissions Office at 304.336.8076 or visit westliberty.edu/admissions.