WEST LIBERTY, W.Va., 4 p.m. March 18, 2020 — In order to keep campus informed about the rapidly changing COVID-19 crisis response, West Liberty University is issuing the following update:
- As instructed by the West Virginia Governor Jim Justice, Sodexo Dining Services is now offering take-out ONLY dining options at the Marketplace and Jazzman’s. Hours are subject to change, please contact Sodexo at 304.336.8445 or check Twitter or Facebook (West Liberty Dining Services) for more.
- Regularly scheduled Staff Council meetings are canceled.
- WLU also is following the governor’s and President Donald Trump’s request that no college campus hold gatherings or meetings of 10 or more people. This includes classes, internal meetings and Board of Governors meetings. While these board meetings must be publicly noticed and they must be open to the public, they can be conducted via audio or video teleconferencing. This rule of less than 10 is in effect through April 3 at least.
- Supervisors are now meeting with employees to identify those who are critical/non-critical during this national emergency. Non-critical employees who are able to perform their work at home will be asked to do so by their supervisor effective Monday, March 23 until further notice. An employee’s work hours replicate their standard working day (8 a.m. – 4 p.m.); however, it may be necessary to flex an employee’s schedule to an alternative shift during this time and employees must work with supervisors to adjust schedules. Hourly employees should continue to use Kronos to clock in and out for timekeeping.
- Offices and phone messages should be updated to reflect the correct contact information and direction as needed. Assistance is available by calling Media Relations at 304.280.6074.
- Effective Monday, March 23, all campus buildings will be locked to the public. Students and employees will need their swipe card or key for entry and campus police are available to assist by calling 304.336.8021. When accessing by key please be sure to re-lock the door.
- Mailroom hours will be 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday-Friday which is subject to change.
- Elbin Library hours will be 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday-Friday for students, faculty and staff only. Library is not open to public and this is subject to change.
- As always, in case of an emergency, contact Campus Police or 911.
West Liberty University is grateful to its staff, faculty and students for its cooperation and patience during this crisis. For questions, please contact Media Relations at anytime at 304.280.6074.
For complete information on WLU’s response to the COVID-19 crisis during this national emergency, please visit westliberty.edu/news where updates will be posted and shared daily or as needed.
Please make sure you keep up to date with information being released by the CDC and the West Virginia Department of Health & Human Resources and follow best practices to keep you, our campus and your families safe. Please direct all health-related questions to the state hotline: 1-800-887-4304.