WEST LIBERTY, W.Va, Feb. 27, 2023 — President Cathy Monteroso joins the Employee Engagement Committee in announcing this year’s Employee Appreciation Week’s schedule of events.
Nationally, Employee Appreciation Day is celebrated Friday, March 3, “but the Hilltop doesn’t function without you and we have a week’s worth of giveaways, gatherings, and special announcements planned,” according to the committee.
- Monday – All employees are welcome to gather at Dirty Dog Tavern from 5 -7 p.m. for a few hours of fellowship and relaxation. Pete at Dirty Dogs is expecting us and has drink specials and appetizers available for all Hilltopper employees.
- Tuesday – Full day of gift card giveaways, including 10 gift card giveaways (winners announced throughout the day). Starting at 8 a.m. and ending at 5 p.m., one winner per hour will be announced via employee email throughout the day.
- Wednesday – Free drink voucher goes live! Each employee is welcome to redeem a coupon for one free coffee, tea, or hot chocolate available in the Union next to the Student Leadership Center. The voucher will be valid from 8 a.m. to noon, and will be emailed to you on Tuesday evening.
- Wednesday – President Monteroso also has a special employee benefit announcement she’ll be making that afternoon as well. The link to that video announcement will come via email sometime mid-Wednesday afternoon.
- Thursday – President Monteroso is treating all employees to a free lunch in the Bear’s Den. An email with your free lunch voucher will be sent out Thursday morning and will be redeemable Thursday from 11 a.m. -2:30 p.m.
- Friday – Show your Topper Spirit and wear your favorite WLU gear to work Friday, March 3!
- Friday – Make sure to join the fun at River City for the MEC Tournament & Topper Takeover starting at 3 p.m. Though the exact times of the games have not been announced yet, we want to show our Topper Pride for our women’s and men’s basketball teams as they tackle the MEC Tournament at WesBanco Arena. WLU Alumni Affairs will be on site to raffle off 2×2 packs of Wheeling Nailer’s tickets!
“Again, we thank you for all you do. The challenges facing higher education are steep, and our standard of excellence is even higher. None of the good things we do would be possible without each and every one of you, and we’re thankful to provide a little bit of appreciation and thanks during Employee Appreciation Week 2023. Go Toppers,” stated the committee.
Besides Carl, the Employee Engagement Committee includes Amanda Bennett, Michael Blackwell, Jason Coleman, Kyle Cooper, Steve Criniti, Diana Harto, Camille Irvin, Ingrid Loy, Laura Musilli, Stephanie North, Michelle Panepucci, Ann Saurbier, Brian Schamp, Jody Seabright and Melesa Swartz.