The dates are set for 2018!
Hilltopper Academy will be July 23-August 3!
Hilltopper Academy is a two week-long, summer-bridge program designed to increase college readiness among entering freshmen.
Why should I participate in Hilltopper Academy?
Participants engage in a week of skill-building activities in Math, Critical-Thinking, Study Strategies and Time Management. These sessions acquaint students with college culture and empower them with information about “habits of mind” they must develop to ensure their academic and personal success.
Participants will have the opportunity to:
- Meet faculty in their major
- Take a refresher course in Math
- Meet student leaders and future classmates
- Learn about academic and co-curricular offerings at WLU
- Participate in ‘College Knowledge’ workshops to ease the transition from high school to college
- Receive one elective hour for successful completion of the program
What do I need to do to sign up for the program?
To register for Hilltopper Academy, please complete the registration form (below) with a $50 check payable to West Liberty University (includes the week of instruction, all meals and activities.) Space is limited to 40 students.
Registrations can be sent to:
West Liberty University
Learning and Student Development Center
Campus Box #112
208 University Drive
West Liberty, WV 26074
Peggy Howell, Student Support Services Coordinator
Bridgette Dawson, Director Learning and Student Development Center