Students applying for the Dental Hygiene Program must first meet the general admissions policies established by West Liberty University. For more information, contact the Admissions Office at 304-336-8076 or 866-WEST LIB.
Be sure you have filled out a West Liberty University general admission application in addition to the DH Application
DENTAL HYGIENE PROGRAM ADMISSION POLICIES AND PROCEDURES
Application for admission to A.S. and B.S. Degree programs in Dental Hygiene must be submitted before January 15th of each year. Completed applications are reviewed and evaluated by the Dental Hygiene Admissions Committee beginning in February. Applicants are ranked according to performance in pre-requisite work completed to date and cumulative grade point average for final selection. All applicants will be notified of the committee’s decision regarding their application. Students accepted by the Admissions Committee will be notified of their tentative admission pending the successful completion of the spring semester.
Associate Degree Dental Hygiene Program Requirements & Prerequisites
1. Admission requirements for West Liberty University must be met. Applicants who meet these requirements will be formally notified by the Admissions Office.
2. Completed DH Application.
3. The following dental hygiene prerequisites must be completed successfully or in progress to be considered for admission to the AS Dental Hygiene Program (clinical portion of the program):
- English 101 & 102
- Psychology 101
- Sociology 150
- Oral Communication 101
- Anatomy & Physiology & Lab, -Biology 204 & 205
- Foundations of Chemistry & Lab – Chemistry 100 & 101
- Microbiology & Lab- Biology 216
- Nutrition- Biology 330
4. Minimum cumulative GPA average of 3.0
5. A minimum grade of “C” is required for all prerequisite courses.
6. If a grade of D or F is earned in any of the prerequisite courses, the student is given the opportunity to repeat that class to replace the unsatisfactory grade; however, the student must have at least a C or higher at the time of application to the program.
Bachelor Degree Dental Hygiene Degree Program Requirements & Prerequisites
1. Meet the admission requirements for WLU. Applicants who meet these requirements will be formally notified by the
2. Complete the Dental Hygiene Application by January 15.
3. Have completed one unit of high school or college chemistry
4. Have completed four units of high school mathematics
(Three must be Algebra 1 and higher)
5. Have completed one unit of high school or college biology
6. Maintain a minimum cumulative G.P.A. average of 3.0.
7. Earn a minimum grade of “C” in all prerequisites, science, and mathematics
*Declaring dental hygiene as a major permits students the ability to enroll in science and chemistry prerequisite courses, and general studies in preparation for application to the two year block of clinical courses.
** APPLICATION FOR ADMISSIONS TO THE CLINICAL PORTION OF THE A.S. DEGREE and B.S. DEGREE PROGRAMS MUST BE COMPLETED AND SUBMITTED BEFORE JANUARY 15 OF THE YEAR YOU ARE APPLYING.
Dental Hygiene Application FormAddress any questions to: Stephanie Meredith, Program Director Sarah Whittaker Glass School of Dental Hygiene West Liberty University 208 University Drive College Union Box 121 West Liberty, WV 26074-0295 Phone: 304-336-8633 or 866-WEST LIB ext. 8633 Fax: 304-336-8905