The Dental Hygiene Degree Completion Program provides the opportunity for dental hygienists who have a certificate or an Associate Degree from an accredited dental hygiene program to earn a Bachelor of Science Degree in Dental Hygiene. This program offers the licensed and practicing dental hygienist the opportunity of advancing professional knowledge and skills, combined with an optimal general education. The main objective of the program is to enable the graduates to broaden their career options.
Students may enroll in a full- or part-time arrangement. Students attending on a part-time basis must complete the program within six years of initial entrance to the institution.
Admission Requirements for Dental Hygiene Degree Completion Program
- Applicants to the program are expected to fulfill the admission requirements listed in the catalog section titled Admissions and Academic Policies.
- Applicant must be a graduate of an accredited associate degree or certificate dental hygiene program.
- A minimum overall grade point average of 2.5 is required.
- Official college transcripts of all college work completed to date must be submitted with an application to the Program Director of Dental Hygiene.
- A license to practice dental hygiene in a minimum of one state is required to enter this program.
- An admission interview is required for each applicant and can be made by contacting the Program Director at 304-336-8117.
- Applicant must have recommendation letter(s) from the employer(s) of his/her most recent dental hygiene position or the Director of the program where two-year dental hygiene degree was completed.
Application Deadlines for Dental Hygienist Degree Completion Program
Students interested in completing his/her degree should contact the Chair of the Dental Hygiene Department at 304-336-8117 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click these links below to view Dental Board Licensure Requirements: