U.S. Congressman David McKinley will be the keynote speaker at a networking lunch on Friday, Sept. 6, at West Liberty University’s Highlands Center. Part of the West Virginia District Export Council Export University, Congressman McKinley will address the importance of exporting for the West Virginia economy.
An exclusive training program designed to give businesses the skills, strategies, insights and network of contacts necessary to expand sales globally, the Export University will take place from 8 a.m. – 4 p.m.
“Whether you are just thinking about exporting, or you’re looking to expand your firm’s global reach, our courses can give you the tools that are necessary to succeed,” said Ryan Walls, director of the Innovation & Entrepreneurship Center, one of the supporting organizations working with the export council. The West Virginia District Export Council in conjunction with the U.S. Commercial Service Department of Commerce is organizing the program, open to area businesses.
This session of Export University will cover:
- Introduction to Exporting, 8-8:45 a.m. Speakers: Leslie Drake, U.S. Department of Commerce and Chad Remp, Wheeling Truck Center, Inc.
- ￼Legal Considerations, Commercial Diplomacy & Advocacy, 8:45-9:45 a.m. Speakers: Jacob Manning, Dinsmore & Shohl LLP and Bryan Erwin, Advocacy Center U.S. Department of Commerce
- Networking Break, 9:45-10 a.m.
- Managing Payment Risk & Financing the Sale, from 10-11 a.m. Speakers: Eugene Sutter Branch Banking and Trust Co. (BB&T) and Kathy Edwards, Global Business Solutions.
- International Logistics and Working with a Good Freight Forwarder, 11-11:40 a.m. Speaker: Bill Walsh, FedEx International
- Using the Internet as a tool to enter international markets, 11:40 a.m.-12:20 p.m. An interactive presentation with Justin Seibert, Direct Online Marketing.
- Networking Lunch, 12:30-2 p.m., Keynote speaker Congressman David McKinley, U.S. House of Representatives
￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼One-on-one meetings will follow from 2 – 4 p.m. but must be prescheduled. Participants can schedule personalized meetings with any of the business providers listed below:
- Legal Issues – Jacob Manning, Dinsmore & Shohl LLP
- Advocacy – Bryan Erwin, Advocacy Center, U.S. Department of Commerce
- Marketing – Justin Seibert, Direct Online Marketing
- Logistics – Bill Walsh, FedEx International
- Finance – Eugene Sutter, BB&T; Kathy Edwards, Global Business Solutions; Leo Lopez, United States Small Business Administration
- Export Resources – West Virginia Development Office, West Virginia Small Business Development Centers
- Manufacturing – West Virginia Manufacturing Extension Partnership
West Liberty University Highlands Center is located approximately seven miles east of Wheeling, just off Interstate 70, exit 10 (Cabela Drive), across from Marquee Cinemas.
Registration will take place from 7:30-8 a.m. Friday. For more information, please contact Leslie Drake at Leslie.Drake@trade.gov or 304-347-5123 or Wall at email@example.com or 304-281-4783.