WL Admissions Requirements
Students applying for the Dental Hygiene Program must first meet the general admissions policies established by West Liberty University. For more information, contact the Admissions Office at 304-336-8076 or 866-WEST LIB. Be sure you have filled out the West Liberty University general admission application in addition to the Dental Hygiene Program application if you are not already a student at West Liberty University.
DENTAL HYGIENE PROGRAM ADMISSION POLICIES AND PROCEDURES
Application for admission to A.S. and B.S. Degree programs in Dental Hygiene must be submitted before January 15th of each year. Completed applications are reviewed and evaluated by the Dental Hygiene Admissions Committee beginning in February. All applicants will be notified of the committee’s decision regarding their application. Students accepted by the Admissions Committee will be notified of their tentative admission pending the successful completion of the spring semester.
A.S. Degree Program Application Requirements
1. Admission requirements for West Liberty University must be met. Applicants who meet these requirements will be formally notified by the Admissions Office.
2. Completed Dental Hygiene Application.
2. The following prerequisites must be completed or in progress to be considered for admission to the AS degree program:
- English 101 & 102
- Psychology 101
- Sociology 150
- Oral Communication 101
- Anatomy & Physiology & Lab, – Biology 205 & 206
- Foundations of Chemistry & Lab – Chemistry 100 & 101
- Microbiology & Lab- Biology 216
- Nutrition- Biology 330
3. Minimum cumulative GPA average of 2.8
4. A minimum grade of “C” is required for all prerequisite courses.
5. If a grade of D of F is earned in any of the prerequisite courses, the student is given the opportunity to repeat that class to replace the unsatisfactory grade. If a second grade of D of F is earned in any of the prerequisite courses, the student in ineligible for admission to the Dental Hygiene Program.
B.S. Degree Program Application Requirements.
- If not attending West Liberty, all transcripts must be mailed to the WLU Admissions Office.
- Admission requirements for West Liberty University must be met. Applicants who meet these requirements will be formally notified by the Admissions Office.
- Completed Dental Hygiene Application.
- Completion of one unit of high school or college chemistry & lab.
- Completion of four units of high school mathematics (three must be Algebra 1 and higher)
- Completion of one unit of high school or college biology & lab.
- Minimum cumulative GPA average of 2.8.
- A minimum grade of “C” is required in all science and mathematics courses completed.
- Admission to the B. S. degree program permits students the ability to enroll in science and chemistry prerequisite courses, general studies, and track option coursework in preparation for the two year block of clinical courses.
** ONLINE APPLICATION FOR ADMISSIONS TO THE A.S. DEGREE or B.S. DEGREE PROGRAMS MUST BE COMPLETED AND SUBMITTED BEFORE JANUARY 15 OF THE YEAR YOU ARE APPLYING. On campus students should stop in to the Dental Hygiene Program Office and fill out an on-campus application form.
Address any questions to: Program Director Sarah Whittaker Glass School of Dental Hygiene West Liberty University 208 University Drive College Union Box 121 West Liberty, WV 26074-0295 Phone: 304-336-8633 or 866-WEST LIB ext. 8633 Fax: 304-336-8905