Ampersand is a literary journal featuring the creative works of West Liberty University students. Any current student, regardless of major, can submit pieces of short fiction, creative nonfiction, poetry, and artwork to be published in the journal. The journal started in the 1970s as a publication of the Omicron Nu chapter English honor society Sigma Tau Delta and is now a publication of the College of Liberal Arts. However, it is still a student-run publication with students of all majors serving on the editorial board, making selections to publish, and designing the look of the publication.
All submissions are currently closed. We will be accepting submissions for the 2021-2020 issue beginning late this fall.
- Please include a cover page with your name and email address. This information should not show up anywhere else on your document.
- Submissions should be in a text format like Word or Rich Text. Please do not submit a PDF or Google Doc link.
- Fiction and Creative Nonfiction submissions should be double-spaced, and all submissions should use an easily readable font like Perpetua, Times New Roman, or Calibri.
- Poetry should have single space stanzas with double space between stanzas
Length and Number of Submissions
- Fiction: up to 2 pieces 4000 words or fewer
- Creative Nonfiction: up to 2 pieces 4000 words or fewer
- Poetry: up to four poems (up to 5 pages)
- Artwork: up to four pieces