Student Health Services does not bill health insurance.
Most services are provided free of charge and include:
- Unlimited office visits
- Treatment of medical problems
- First aid
- Suture removal
- Blood pressure screening
- Pregnancy testing
- Allergy injections – by appointment only. The student must furnish the serum along with the instructions from the allergist.
- PPD Testing (Tuberculosis testing)-Mondays and Tuesdays from 7am to 12pm. (Fee of $10.00.)
- Seasonal Flu Shots (fee)
- Meningitis Vaccine (fee)
- Loan of crutches or canes for a two-week period. If the item is not returned or is damaged, the borrower will be charged for the replacement.
- Resource information on various health related subjects.
The medical staff makes referrals to other agencies for health care not provided at Student Health Services or Doctor’s Urgent Care.
These may include but are not limited to:
- Laboratory tests
- Medical or surgical specialists
- Family planning
All fees incurred by a referral are the responsibility of the student. Students are urged to carry some type of health insurance to cover any cost for such a referral.