Admissions Requirements

  • Official transcripts of any bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university, with a GPA of at least 3.5 on a 4.0 scale.
  • Two-minute personal video statement describing personal characteristics the individual displays that make them a successful future speech-language pathologist and why West Liberty University’s program aligns with their educational needs and goals.
  • Completion of the following prerequisite coursework: In-Field Coursework:
    -Introduction to Communication Disorders
    -Acoustics/Speech and Hearing Science
    -Anatomy and Physiology of the Speech and Hearing Mechanism
    -Language Science/Development
    -Introduction to Audiology

    General Studies Coursework:
    -Physical Science
    -Biology Science
    -Social/Behavioral Science

  • Official documentation of completion of a minimum of 25 observation hours under the direct supervision of a licensed and certified clinician prior to enrollment in the
  • An official copy of the applicant’s Graduate Record Examination (GRE) scores; only scores obtained within the past 5 years will be considered; minimum overall score of 150 on the verbal, 150 on the quantitative, and 4 on the analytical writing section. GRE scores will be waived for students who have completed a bachelor’s degree at West Liberty University.
  • Curriculum Vitae/Resume.
  • 3 letters of recommendation that reflect the applicant’s academic and clinical abilities, potential for graduate studies, and personal qualities necessary for success
    as a speech-language pathologist.
  • An interview may be requested after a review of all other application materials.
  • Application fee of $40.

International Student Admissions Requirements

In addition to the requirements listed above, please submit:

  • Proof of English Proficiency: A minimum score of 82 on the Test of English as Foreign Language (TOEFL) for any applicant whose first language is not English; only scores obtained within the past 2 years will be considered.
  • Credit Certification: Have all your coursework and credits from institutions outside of the United States evaluated by a credential evaluation service provider.
  • Proof of Financial Support: Submit adequate documentation of financial support for one academic year (nine months). [e.g., official bank statement, sponsorship award letters, scholarship awards, Affidavit of Support (DHS Form I-134), etc.]
  • Copy of your ID page in your passport.
  • Immunization shot records.