- Any 300-400 level general electives to total 120 hours (approximately 3-4 credit hours; 120 hours required for graduation).
- Courses are not offered every semester/year; please consult with Biology advisor.
- A cumulative GPA of 3.00 is required for all math and science courses, with a grade no lower than “C” in these courses.
Freshman & Sophomore Years of Study
- Volunteer Hours: Students must volunteer with the Zoo Science animal collection and applied conservation labs for a minimum of 200 hours per year during the freshman and sophomore years of study as a pre-requisite for experience.
- Summer Internship: A ten-week summer internship between the sophomore and junior year of study at an AZA-accredited zoo is required.
Junior & Senior Years of Study
- Animal Husbandry Focus: Students focusing on animal husbandry must complete two semesters (springs and/or falls) interning at an AZA-accredited facility; suggested semester schedules: 9-12 credit hours of coursework plus 3 credit hours of internship credit for the Zoo experience.
- Applied Conservation Track: Students in the Applied Conservation track must complete two conservation practicums with either applied conservation faculty at WLU or with approved conservation specialists in the field.