Admission to the program requires the completion of an undergraduate degree but does not require an undergraduate degree in business. A student must be formally admitted to the program before taking any courses in the MBA program. For admission to WLU’s MBA, the following requirements must be met.
- A bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution with a minimum 2.5 overall undergraduate grade point average
- International students must provide evidence of English language proficiency.
Proof of proficiency may be provided by one of the following:
- The Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) Minimum acceptable scores 595 (paper test), 195 (computer-based test), or 70 (internet test) for graduate study or
- Michigan English Language Assessment Battery (MELAB) – The minimum acceptable score is 82% for graduate study or
- A minimum score of 6.5 on the International English Language Testing System (ELTS) for graduate study.
Once admitted to the program students will be required to take Inbound Placement Exam* that is aligned with major foundational areas of the online MBA program. Students with identified deficiencies are required to successfully complete an online leveling module* for each identified area of deficiency. All of the leveling modules must be completed prior to starting coursework. (*additional information will be provided to students as part of the program application form).
*currently WLU utilizes Peregrine inbound and outbound placement exam results for determining admission capability.