Paula Tomasik, Director of University Effectiveness
- HLC Accreditation Liaison responsibilities include: Disseminating information and answering questions about HLC policies and procedures; Staying current with HLC policies and procedures; Providing oversight and direction for the timely submission of substantive change requests and reports required by HLC policy; Maintaining the institution’s file of official documents and reports related to the institution’s relationship with HLC; Ensuring that any changes in basic institutional information are reported to HLC; Ensuring that the institution meets its financial obligations to HLC through the timely payment of dues and fees; Maintaining the institution’s file of official documents and reports related to the institution’s relationship with HLC.
- Serve as HLC Data Update Coordinator and ensure the currency, accuracy and timeliness of information submitted to HLC as part of the Institutional Update.
- Ensure IPEDS data are submitted accurately and on time. Coordinate data collection from other offices and records systems involved such as the registrar, admissions, financial aid, business, personnel, information technology and the Library. IPEDS data are submitted throughout the year, during the Fall, Winter, and Spring data collection periods.
- Collect fall census data for reporting in the Common Data Set (CDS), Enrollment by Major and Degree Completion reports.
- University information reported to the the Higher Education Policy Commission in Charleston, West Virginia is made public in the HEPC Report Card.
- Data is provided to the University Accrediting Agency, the Higher Learning Commission, in the Annual Institutional Update and through the HLC Assurance System.