Assistant Professor of Mathematics[email protected] Address:
West Liberty University
208 University Drive
College Union Box 139
West Liberty, WV 26074 [column-group] [column]
- B.S. Mathematics/Applied Mathematics – Marshall University, 2012
- M.A. Mathematics – University of Kentucky, 2014
- Ph.D. Mathematics – University of Kentucky, 2018
- MATH 102 – Nature of Mathematics
- MATH 140 – College Algebra
- MATH 210 – Calculus
Current Research Projects:
My research is in the area of rational approximation theory, which is a combination of complex and functional analysis. In particular, I study bounded point derivations which are used to measure how close a non-differentiable function comes to being differentiable.
- Bounded point derivation on Rp(X) and approximate derivatives Math. Scand. (accepted).
Available at http://arxiv.org/abs/1709.02851
- Interpolation and cubature at the Morrow-Patterson nodes generated by different Geronimus polynomials, with L. Harris.
Mathematical Proceedings of the Royal Irish Academy Vol. 117A, No. 1 (2017), pp. 5-12
Interests and Hobbies:
I enjoy reading, learning about ancient and medieval history, running, listening to classical music, and playing bridge and other card games.