- Students not graduating must be moved out prior to May 7th (Friday) at 7pm. The only exception will be those with approved extended stay, summer housing, or residence life staff.
- Graduating students must be moved out prior to May 8th (Saturday) at 7pm. The only exception will be those with approved extended stay.
- An envelope labeled with each student’s name, building and room number will be slid under every student’s door. If you have not received this by Friday, April 30th, please contact the Housing Office for assistance. Inside the envelope will be move-out instructions and information, and a small, labeled key envelope to return the room key. Students are required to move out within 24 hours after their last final if their finals end by Thursday, May 6th. Residents who have finals on Friday, May 7th will be required to be moved out by 7pm on that day.
- Students will place the key in a labeled key envelope and return to the staff office for their building when staff is at the desk. If staff is not at the desk, call the duty phone for your building. Keys that are not returned will result in a lock change charge of $150, which will be billed to the student’s account.
- RA staff will check rooms for damages/maintenance/closing procedures completed after all residents of the room have moved out and complete Room Condition Form (RCF). This will limit exposure risk between RA and residents/guests.
- Students in residence halls are required to move all belongings out of their rooms during the move out process. Any items left will be considered abandoned property and disposed of by university staff.
- Students in apartments or houses, who are residing in the same apartment for this semester as they will for the fall semester are permitted to store large furniture items in the apartments with the completion of the Storage Agreement. The University is not responsible for any loss or damages to items stored in the summer. University staff will be in the apartments throughout the summer for housing, cleaning, and maintenance needs.
Controls to Limit Interaction and Exposure
- Students will be able to bring up to two guests with them to assist in moving out, limiting move out groups to three people maximum.
- All students and their guests MUST adhere to the six-feet social distancing guidelines.
- Students and guests will be required to always wear masks in common areas (hallways, stairways, elevators, and lobbies/lounges).
- Housing staff will be available by duty phone beginning Friday, April 30th at 4pm.
- Housing staff will be available by duty phone and at the desk for each building for Wednesday (May 5th), Thursday (May 6th), and Friday (May 7th)
- Staff will also be available at the building, via the duty phone on Saturday, May 8th for those students who are graduating. After 7pm, on May 8th, the Summer Conference Staff will be assisting with any move outs. If you have been approved for extended stay, you will receive additional contact information for this purpose.
- Reminders for move out:
- Do not allow anyone else access to the building.
- Do not prop doors.
- Limit number on elevator.
- Wear gloves and face masks at all times when you are in a common area
- Social distancing – 6 feet.
- Remove trash from building to large dumpsters
Summer Housing and Extended Stay
- Students who need to stay after Friday, May 7th and are not graduating, must complete the Extended Stay Request Form. Not all requests are approved, but an email will be emailed to you within 48 business hours of request. The deadline for requests is Friday, April 30th at 4pm.
- Students will be approved for extended stay for summer housing, graduation, on campus employment and for instances where flights/travel cannot be arranged differently.
- Students who have completed the Summer Housing Application, and been approved for Summer Housing, will remain in their current room for the first week of summer term so that we can clean the summer housing areas. Summer students will then move on the weekend of May 14th through 16th. Additional emails will be sent to summer students regarding billing, assignments, and policies.
- Students will only be approved for summer housing for on campus employment or if they are registered for summer terms.