- Residence Hall Move-In Dates for New Students: August 19th-20th
- Apartment Move-In Dates: August 20th-21st
- Residence Hall Move-In Dates for Returning Students: August 21st-22nd
- Students will be able to request specific move in date, and a move in time frame. Three options for time frames will be offered each day.
- 9:00am – 12:00pm
- 12:30pm – 3:30pm
- 4:00pm – 7:00pm
- 7:30pm – 9:30pm
- Students will be assigned dates/times based on the receipt of their request (this online form) and considering special circumstances such as flight times and accommodations under the Americans with Disabilities Act.
- Students will complete a request form and list three different options for the move in date/time preference. If a student does not request three different options, and the option they requested is not available, they will be assigned by the Office of Housing & Residence Life.
- Students will be able to collect their move in packet at the front of their building. This packet will include Topper ID card (for new students), room key, and hangtag (for those that completed paperwork), and access cards (for UP1, UP2, and Topper Towers).
- RA Staff will be available for move in, in the RA office, at entrances, and throughout the building.
- RA staff will be required to wear masks at all times in common areas of the residential facilities during Move-In process regardless of vaccination.
Controls to Limit Interaction and Exposure
- Limitation on Number of Students and Guests
- Students will be able to bring up to four guests with them to assist in moving in, limiting move in groups to five or less.
- We will remind all students and their guests to adhere to the six-feet social distancing guidelines.
- Students and guests will be required to wear masks at all times in common areas (hallways, stairways, elevators, and lobbies/lounges) regardless of vaccination.
- Each move in date will have a limited number of students approved to move in on their selected date for each time frame. These limits, aimed at preventing interactions and exposure, will be as follows:
- Roommates will be required to move in on separate days or times with their guests’ assistance. Exceptions may be approved for same household or family members that are roommates. These requests can be submitted to [email protected].
- Students at each apartment complex and residence hall will be limited to 50 students moving in per building/facility and 1 student per apartment per day/time frame.
- Move in packets will be available at front of the building:
- Labeled with student’s name, building, room/apartment number
- Include instruction sheet/check list for move in
- Sign Housing Contract
- Submit form with any work orders/Room Condition Form
- Student Parking Pass if applicable
- New Topper ID Card if applicable
- Form to post on door when move in is complete for RA reference
- Housing staff will be available by phone: at the Housing Office main number during business hours and at each building’s duty phone for evenings and weekends. Every effort will be made to limit contact and maintain social distancing by all residence life staff. Phone numbers are posted at each building for staff to call for assistance.
Additional Important Reminders:
- Do not allow anyone else access to the building.
- Do not prop doors.
- Limit number on elevator.
- Wear face masks at all times when you are in a common area at all times
- Social distancing – 6 feet.
- Remove trash from building to large dumpsters
- Custodial service will focus on cleaning down touch points each day during their cleaning of the buildings.
For more information on returning to campus and reopening for the Fall semester, please review the Return to Campus Guidelines,
Completion of Request Form
- After completing the form below:
- The student will receive a confirmation of their assigned date/time within 3-4 business days.
- A reminder email will be sent to the student’s WLU email address 1-2 business days before assigned move in with reminders regarding move in processes and resources.
- All students will need to complete the move in form at least 4 days before their selected move in day/time to ensure they are approved for move in.
- Students who do not complete the process properly may be delayed in move in until after the formal move in weekend process is complete, and may have more limitations on numbers to assist after the start of the semester.