Assistant Professor of Mathematics[email protected] Address:
West Liberty University
208 University Drive
College Union Box 139
West Liberty, WV 26074
Dr. Deterding has taught at West Liberty University since 2018. He graduated from Marshall University in 2012 with a Bachelor of Science degree in Mathematics/Applied Mathematics and received a Ph.D. in Mathematics from the University of Kentucky in 2018. He is a member of the Silver ’19 cohort of Project NExT. His research interests include complex analysis, functional analysis, and rational approximation theory. His classes taught at West Liberty University include History of Mathematics, Calculus I, Calculus II, and Nature of Mathematics. Dr. Deterding enjoys incorporating active learning activities in his classes, especially tactile activities.
- Bounded point derivations and functions of bounded mean oscillation to appear in Computational Methods and Function Theory.
- Bounded point derivations of fractional orders In The Mathematical Legacy of Victor Lomonosov. Berlin, Boston: De Gruyter. (2020), pp. 123-130
- Non-tangential limits for analytic Lipschitz functions Anal.Math.Phys. 9(2) (2019), pp. 821-827
- Bounded point derivations on Rp(X) and approximate derivatives Math. Scand.124 (2019), pp. 132-148
- Interpolation and cubature at the Morrow-Patterson nodes generated by different Geronimus polynomials, with L. Harris. Mathematical Proceedings of the Royal Irish Academy Vol. 117A, No. 1 (2017), pp. 5-12