WEST LIBERTY, W.Va., 4 p.m. March 17, 2020 — In order to keep campus informed about its COVID-19 crisis response, West Liberty University is issuing the following update:
- Although the Hilltop campus is open, visitors are discouraged due to COVID-19. Please call or email staff if assistance is needed. The directory can be found at westliberty.edu/directory.
- Recreation, academic and athletic facilities remain closed until further notice. In-seat classes are suspended and change to alternate learning formats on Monday, March 23.
- RECAP, the annual academic scholarship symposium, is cancelled for the 2019 – 2020 year.
- The Business Office will no longer accept in-person payments. Payments may be made by credit card over the telephone or online. Money orders also are accepted. Checks can be sent electronically or mailed to: WLU, CUB 109, 208 University Drive, West Liberty, WV 26074. Telephone payments may be made by calling 304.336.8013 or 304.336.8252. Online payments can be made on the website or through the Student’s Wins Account (click Student Accounts and Billing tab, then Make a Payment). Thank you.
- Student Counseling Services are available, and can be set up by email or telephone during regular office hours. There will be no face-to-face counseling sessions, however, it will be done via Telehealth sessions. Contact the Director of Counseling Services Lisa Witzberger, MSW, LGSW at [email protected] or 304.336.8215. Students also may schedule via their WINS Account.
- Students with other health questions or needs should contact Student Health Services Director Christy Bennnington at [email protected] or 304.336.8049 during regular hours. Student Health Services is located in the basement of Shaw Hall near the Campus Police Department.
- Dining Services will still provide meals, on a limited basis (check your email).
- Social distancing is encouraged.
- Human Resources has issued an email today to update staff on issues and it can be found here.
- If students need the assistance of an RA, please contact Residence Life on its duty phone at 304.479.2516.
- As always, in case of an emergency, contact Campus Police or 911.
For complete information on WLU’s response to the COVID-19 crisis during this national emergency, please visit westliberty.edu/news where updates will be posted as needed. To contact Media Relations by phone call 304.280.6074.
Please make sure you keep up to date with information being released by the CDC and the West Virginia Department of Health & Human Resources and follow best practices to keep you, our campus and your families safe. Please direct all health-related questions to the state hotline: 800.887.4304.